Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Messed up display

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by MarkBoy81
Replied by MarkBoy81 on topic Re: Messed up display
Hello Dave,
are you using Google Chrome?
It's the last "rebel" browser that, sometimes, messes up things here and there, and not only in Kunena.
Please test it with latest IE or FireFox versions. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by Dave Mycroft
Replied by Dave Mycroft on topic Re: Messed up display
I'm getting it in IE8 IE9 and Firefox and have had reports from others having the same issue when viewing it.

You can see from this screenshot
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by MarkBoy81
Replied by MarkBoy81 on topic Re: Messed up display
As a test, could you temporarily switch to a standard Joomla template (e.g. "beez")? Just to make sure it's not an incompatibility between Kunena and your custom template.

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by Dave Mycroft
ermmmmm it IS a standard Joomla template, rhuk_milkyway, as shipped with Joomla installation

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Messed up display
G'day, Dave, and thanks for showing us what you see. I see the issue, an example of which is the way the text in the message displays to you:

Just a quick hello to welcome you to the Forum. We hope it's going to
a fun place as well as informative.

Whereas for me the text shows as

Just a quick hello to welcome you to the Forum. We hope
it's going to be a fun place as well as informative.

The differences between what you see and what I see are are
  1. that the line breaks occur in different places; and
  2. in your case, the word "be" is occluded
Can you try making this small change to your site CSS (add it to the end of your site template CSS):

#Kunena td.kmessage-left {
overflow:auto;
}

Can you let us know if this works for you. Unfortunately neither my skills, nor my equipment, are extensive enough to experiment with your case from where I sit. I tried to view your site from 5 different PCs, different screen resolutions, different screen sizes, different browsers and I could not reproduce your problem. The significantly common element, however, in these tests is that I run Windows 7 on all these PCs.

If you used Firebug you could conduct such experiments for yourself without having to edit CSS files, save them and upload them to your website to see the effects. This is why we encourage people to take a minute to install Firebug for Firefox and to spend a bit of time to learn how to use it.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by Dave Mycroft
Hi Sozzled,
Thanks for the advice and fortunately I have Firebug installed so we'll give it a go first thing in the morning (almost 10pm here)

Cheers
Dave

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds