Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Hiding the profile box at the top of the page (Blue Eagle template)

More
12 years 8 months ago #21 by gamin55
Replied by gamin55 on topic HIde Welcome User Screen
Hi,

How would I hide the "Welcome User" screen (below):

Thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #22 by gamin55
Hello,

I read the topic trail. I added the 3 lines at the end of my css/template "beez_20" file as below:

/**
* @version $Id: template.css 20075 2011-01-04 12:24:47Z infograf768 $
* @author Design & Accessible Team ( Angie Radtke )
* @package Joomla
* @subpackage Accessible-Template-Beez
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2008 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
* Joomla! is free software. This version may have been modified pursuant to the
* GNU General Public License, and as distributed it includes or is derivative
* of works licensed under the GNU General Public License or other free or open
* source software licenses. See COPYRIGHT.php for copyright notices and
* details.
*/

body
{
background: #fff;
color: #000000;
font-size: 100.1%;
padding: 0px;
text-align: center;
}

body.contentpane {
width:auto;
margin:10px;
text-align: left;
}
img { border: 0 none; }

#Kunena table.kprofilebox {
display:none;
}

And it didn't remove the profile box from the top. Something that I am not doing right? thx.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by gamin55.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #23 by sozzled
Which file, specifically, did you change? I can't see this changes rule on your website. Use Firebug for Firefox to see what CSS files are being loaded.

You also have not published your Kunena menu (maybe that's the way you want it ... I don't know). :unsure:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #24 by gamin55
Hi,

I read your article and the mention of firebug. However, I use a Mac and have Safari and prefer not to install firefox but if I must, then I must.

They way I update the template CSS file was: from Joomla Admistration Extensions\template manager\templates\beez_20\Edit css/template.css

See pic below.

THanks!
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #25 by sozzled
I'm not familiar with Safari (I don't use a Mac) but there are probably developer tools that you can use with it ( developer.apple.com/technologies/safari/developer-tools.html ). So, if you're more comfortable using Safari with those tools, then use them. Firebug is a tool that's used with Firefox. Google Chrome has it's own tools set and so does Internet Explorer. it doesn't matter.

When I use Firebug I do not see the template that you referred to loaded by your webpage. That's what you need to address. You need to add the necessary CSS overrides to whatever CSS files are loaded. That's what we're talking about on the FAQ page (see the FAQs tab on the Kunena menu at the top of this page).

The forum here at www.kunena.org is a community-driven, self-help resource. Self-help means just that. On the other hand, we understand that some people are also not equipped with many skills associated with webcraft that many of us have taken years to acquire (and I'm not saying that I'm an expert, by any means) but if you can't help yourself there are also plenty of other ways that you can obtain that help ... although it may mean that you have to pay someone else to do it. Our main task here it to show you ways that you can make Kunena work. If you don't like the standard template, the standard features that come "out of the box", that's a different question and, ultimately, that's something you have to deal with on your own terms.

More
12 years 8 months ago #26 by gamin55
Thank you for all your help. I am going to look in the Mac tools if not, I will use firebug. Could you be so kind and point me where I can get the instructions on doing an FTP connection? I had a bit of hard time finding the instructions. Thanks again!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #27 by sozzled
I'm not sure I understand your question about using a FTP connection. This is a fairly basic tool that's used in website maintenance (in other words, this is not specifically about Kunena) and there are probably many good tutorials on the internet if you use Google to search for them. This question seems to me to be off-topic to the original question you asked if I correctly understood you.

There are also many good books that will teach you the fundamentals of using Joomla and, by extension, using web developer's tools and some of them are mentioned at the end of the article K 1.6 Installation Guide .
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #28 by TravelTimmy
I have read the other threads on this topic and tried the suggested solution to remove the Profile Box entirely. I have posted the following lines of code.....

#Kunena table.kprofilebox {
display:none;
}

..... to the end of each of the following files:

/components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum.css

and my Joomla Beez_20 site template: css/template.css

.....and it doesn't disappear. Is this still the proper fix for this in Kunena version 1.7.1 ?

Thanks in advance for suggestions-

Tim

More
12 years 4 months ago #29 by sozzled
G'day, TravelTimmy, and welcome to Kunena.

No, despite what you may have read, you do not add those lines to the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum.css. If you want to change the way that your forum works, you add the lines to the end of your Joomla template CSS file (the Beez20 one). This is explained on the FAQs page (see the menu tab above this forum) and, yes, this is the proper fix for any version of Kunena after K 1.6. Does that help?

More
12 years 4 months ago #30 by TravelTimmy
Aha! Now I found it. I added the code to the end of the following css file and it seems to work:

Editing file "css/general.css" in template "beez_20"

I was adding it to the wrong beez_20 css file (there's about 20 of them to pick from). Thanks for the help!

Tim

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds