Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Module Positions doesn't gets created

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #11 by sozzled
It depends on what kind of Kunena template you're using but, if you're using the standard Blue Eagle template then the information you need is contained in the article Module Positions . If you want to place the Kunena Search module on your page just like you see it here at this site, use the Joomla Module Manager and assign the Kunena Search module to the position kunena_profilebox. It's all pretty straightforward, really, and it was all explained in the article that I referred to.

But I don't believe that your problem, kina, was related to the issues canvassed in msg #1 of this topic (which is related to Kunena template design/development).
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 5 months ago #12 by kina
Get an error msg about KLatest1.7 so installed that but still error msg !!!
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #13 by sozzled
kina: you have hijacked this topic. You asked earlier today about how to setup the Kunena Search module ( No 'Search Forums' :( ) and I answered you.

You should

(1) Update to K 1.7
(2) Download and install the Kunena Search module
(3) Use the Joomla Module Manager to add the Kunena Search module to your site and assign the module position to kunena_profilebox
More
12 years 5 months ago #14 by kina
Trashed the latest module and reinstalled. Says succesful but not listed in modules !

Now that is broke too :(
More
12 years 5 months ago #15 by kina
It took months to get K1.6 working, so no way will i 'upgrade' it.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #16 by sozzled
I'm sorry to hear that you are resistant to our recommendations about making a few changes but, unfortunately, in situations like these when people place themselves at arms length from our support, there's not much better advice that we can provide. You're pretty much on your own here, I'm sorry to say. I would advise you to create a test site to test the feasibility of upgrading to K 1.7 (it's quite easy to do) and to read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide .

If you want the search forums box just like the one on this page (which uses K 1.7, the Kunena Blue Eagle template and the Kunena Search 1.7 module) then you need to make a few changes.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #17 by kina
I have spent months on my own template. I can add the module position to that.

But the search module is in 1.7 and i use 1.6.

So hours wasted and no solution for something which should be standard.

A forum with no in-nbuilt search is just outrageous !
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by kina.
More
12 years 5 months ago #18 by kina
Why is no KSearch module available in 1.6 version ???

1.7 version states it is compatible with 1.6 but it is not - get an error msg about requiring KLatest 1.7 to be installed. It's a big mess !!
More
12 years 5 months ago #19 by kina
Fixed the search module so it works on 1.6. There are bugs in it still to fix.

Restored the latest posts module.

Still need to create my own module position; floated right of the pathway. In what file i need to add the jdoc:include ?
More
12 years 5 months ago #20 by sozzled

kina wrote: Why is no KSearch module available in 1.6 version?

Because K 1.6 is not actively supported, that's why.

kina wrote: In what file i need to add the jdoc:include ?

I don't know the answer to that. There should be no need to do anything if you use K 1.7 and the standard Blue Eagle template. All the module positions are already defined in that template which is part of the standard K 1.7 build.
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds