Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... a collection of the many requests that we receive

More
11 years 10 months ago #51 by tester2102
Replied by tester2102 on topic Layout size
Hallo

How can I reduce the withe from the templet?
It's to big now.

Thanks for your fast help!

tester2102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #52 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Layout size
Because we do not know anything about your Joomla site template - and therefore how your forum looks on the page - I do not know the answer to your question. If you would like to provide us with more information then perhaps someone may be able to help you. If you do not want to provide us with any more information, please read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena

More
11 years 10 months ago #53 by cherryboy
I have an issue with the New Topic screen overflowing the Aterburner template

I am using Kunena 1.7.2, Joomla 2.5.4 and the 1.6.0 version of Afterburner (which is for Joomla 2.5).

The template has an overall width of 1000. The left column is 220 wide and right column is 210. However no modules are displayed in the right column when the forum is selected. This gives a width of 780 available to the forum.

However the New Topic screen appears to try and use more than 780 pixels (maybe the full 1000). All other screens including the Reply Topic display ok.

Examples of the New Topic and Reply Topic Screens are attached
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #54 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, cherryboy, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that you read msg #1 in this topic.

More
11 years 10 months ago #55 by cherryboy
Sozzled

I have but I'm puzzled why a new post is formatted differently to a reply post. One works the other doesn't. I don't pretend to be a CSS expert but this implies to me an inconsistent approach by Kunena. Any pointers to find this would be appreciated.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #56 by sozzled

cherryboy wrote: I'm puzzled why a new post is formatted differently to a reply post.

They're formatted the same here at this site and on every one else's site - try it for yourself - so what does that tell you?

The simple fact is that formatting in Kunena is handled by CSS. As you know CSS rules are processed sequentially, in the order that the rules are loaded. What are the first-loaded CSS files in Joomla? The ones loaded by the component. What are the last-loaded CSS files in Joomla? The ones loaded by the template. Kunena is a component. This means that whatever CSS files are loaded with Kunena are capable of being overrides by the Joomla sit template used on the website where Kunena is installed. And that is why you have to ask yourself why does "my Joomla site template make a mess of Kunena"? Another question you could ask yourself is which comes first - what is more important to me: the forum or the template?

I don't know the answers to those questions in your case. I don't know the answers in anyone's case because everyone as a different answer - a different set of priorities. But I also don't know what's the specific CSS rule that's taken precedence at your website, either, because the only thing we have to work with is a pair of screenshots that illustrate a peculiarly odd behaviour that's inconsistent with the behaviour that you'll find here or just about anywhere else. I hope that what I have written thus far will help you to understand the difficulties that we're having explaining why your Joomla site template is making a mess of Kunena on your website.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #57 by cherryboy
Sozzled

I've just solved it. It was caused by excessively long category names, inherited from when we migrated from phpBB.

The drop down for categories is only displayed for new topics not replies to a topic. Hence the difference. The category name is displayed as a single line regardless of length.

Shortening the categories names has solved it and all is working ok.

I suspect excessive lengths like we had could cause an issue for any template

More
11 years 10 months ago #58 by sozzled

cherryboy wrote: I suspect excessive lengths like we had could cause an issue for any template

Possibly, but even there it's possible to apply a different wrapping attribute in the CSS to countermand those effects. A simple test would be to experiment with long category names and a default Joomla template and see if the behaviour can be reproduced under those circumstances. Anyway, we're pleased that you discovered the cause of your problem ... and the remedy! B)

More
11 years 10 months ago #59 by pac_indahood
The problem were in template css, the line: ul li {line-height:2.6;}

Maybe could help others

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #60 by valmart
Replied by valmart on topic width of forum
Hi

I've installed the version 1.7.2 on Joomla 1.5.

How can I change the width of the forum? I need to make it narrower than the default width.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Valmart
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic moved/merged

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds