Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Changing colors of my Kunena forum

More
12 years 8 months ago #21 by Beccam
Yes...I know that. I am using Joomla's default Beez template and added the code you supplied to the bottom of that template.css file, however nothing changed. Switching around between the default templates and styles I notice this color is remaining unchanged through all of them - is there perhaps a different file that needs to be edited?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #22 by sozzled
Without knowing more about your website there's not a lot more that I can add to what I have written. As much as it can help to describe the issues that people may have (with marrying Kunena to their Joomla site) by using images - as you did earlier - there's really no substitute for seeing the problem in "real life".

As much as we can write that www.kunena.org is a community-driven, self-help forum and that nearly every styling issue can be solved if people are knowledgeable about CSS or fluent with in-browser web-development tools like Firebug - and these things are, of course, completely true - the reality is that not everyone is knowledgeable about how Joomla works, how to write CSS or how to make in-browser developers tools like Firebug work for them.

I think a lot of people expect that they can solve every style customising problem they could possibly envisage if they only knew which parts of the Kunena template CSS did whatever they did or, if by merely showing us a picture, that we would know what needs to be changed in the Kunena template That might be true. The difficulty is that if you change the Kunena template you need to know how to change it properly and ensure that the customised changes you make in one version of Kunena will remain intact whenever you upgrade Kunena. On the other hand, if you could just as easily solve those problems with a bit of know-how and a couple of mouse-clicks, wouldn't it be better if there was a simpler solution that only involved modifying your Joomla site template?

If you would like to post your K 1.6 configuration report, I'll have a look at how your site is setup and I'll see if I can provide you with a more targeted response that I have been able to give you to this point.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23 by Beccam
Thank you - configuration report is below

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 8 months ago #24 by sozzled
In your case you need to add the !important rule to what you've done, thus:
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color: black !important; } #Kunena a:hover, #Kunena div.kthead-title a:hover { color: red !important; }

More
12 years 8 months ago #25 by Beccam
That worked, thank you very much

More
12 years 3 months ago #26 by Mister V
Replied by Mister V on topic Customize template
Is it possible to adapt the colors and the template of a kunena forum?
If yes how can I do that? I would like to use the same colors as the template of my joomla site

More
12 years 3 months ago #27 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: Customize template
go to - components - kunena forum - template manager - blue eagle.

The page is coated with text boxes just waiting for you to add some colors in there.

You can also click the blend with joomla template button and see how that works for you.

More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by Mister V
Replied by Mister V on topic Re: Customize template
Thanks for the explanation, I'm already a whole step further it is possible to change the text color?
The titles of the forums I would also like to change color

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds