Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] How to make Kunena template full width?

More
12 years 3 months ago #41 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Screen width adjust?
I am sure that if you searched for "screen width" in this forum you would see dozens of cases where people have asked "What do I need to do to change so that Kunena fills up the whole screen width of my site template?"

Your problem is caused by the Rockettheme template that you're using. I assume that you bought the template from Rockettheme? If that is the case then you should ask Rockettheme what you need to do to fix the problem.

The answer to many of these problems is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . There are options for what you can do if you read that article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #42 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Screen width adjust?
remove :
#Kunena {
min-width: 700px;
}

"\components\com_kunena\template\default\css\kunena.forum-min.css" line 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: tuto

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #43 by tuto
Replied by tuto on topic Re: Screen width adjust?
Thank you very much!!!!!! you're awesome!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I edited that value to 500px and is working now!!! Wonderful!!!

THANK YOU 810 ARE AWESOME!!!
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by tuto.

More
12 years 3 months ago #44 by exg assass1n
Replied by exg assass1n on topic expanding my forums
hey i'm new to Kunena, i've put my forums on the site either side i have out chat box and the other side is login and next matches etc. when i'm on the forums is there somehow i can make my forums full page. I seem to be struggling with this.

Our forum page: elitexboxgamers.net84.net/index.php/forum.html

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #45 by sozzled
*** Topics on the same subject "How to make Kunena template full width" merged ***

G'day, exg assass1n, and welcome to Kunena. The solution depends on the Joomla site template you are using. Please read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . Other suggestions about what you can do are also contained in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #46 by stephenramsden
I am sorry to be so ignorant but I love my forum and it is really taking off. I want to make it a bit wider. I saw several posts concerning this but none seemed to apply to me.

The address is solarchat.natca.net

I am using the stock templates-(atomic default) that came with the Joomla 1.7.3 and Kunena.

Is it possible to make the entire Kunena forum wider? I would like the actual post display area to be about 1200 pixels wide or better yet to be expandable with the browser size.

The reason is that a lot of my users post hi res images of the Sun and they are currently resized to fit in the window. This makes the nerds unhappy as they want to see them full size. It would also be fine if I could just have the post enable scroll bars for images instead of resizing them.
There seems to be a lot of empty space on the left and right sides of my forum. Can the Kunena template be altered to take up the full browser window? I will never have anything except the Kunena forum on this site.

reported settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : atomic | author: Ron Severdia | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 10/10/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by stephenramsden.

More
12 years 3 months ago #47 by MaxNL
We try to adjust the font size of the text editor which resulted at first in a too narrow homepage (and other pages) on the front-end. Now I have adjusted with success that font size, but still the homepage and other pages do not have the right width. I remember we just make one small adjustment in the ccs (I think it was this file kunena.forum-min.css), but which one?

An illustration of the current situation: see attachment.

Thanks for helping!
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 months ago #48 by sozzled
Please read the discussion which CSS file for editing background colour . You will see, from that topic, that you should not be trying to modify the file kunena.forum-min.css.

You have an issue with your Joomla site template CSS file. See also Entire page renders extremely narrow in FireFox and other messages posted earlier in the topic into which I have merged your question. I hope some of this information helps.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds