Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] How to make Kunena template full width?

More
13 years 1 month ago #11 by sozzled
The answer depends, to a very large extent, on the Joomla site template that you're using. Where did you get the user template from? We can help you better if you post your K 1.6 configuration report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mukesh Jain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #12 by gato_de_botas
Thanks for the answer! I got the template in JOOMLART site, at www.joomlart.com
The template is JA PURITY II.

Bellow the forum report configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 02/02/10

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3.1) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by gato_de_botas. Reason: add information.

More
13 years 1 month ago #13 by sozzled
Many JoomlArt templates do not have collapsible module positions.

The Kunena template normally adjusts to fill the full width of the area set aside for displaying a component. I am sure that if you used a standard Joomla template (like rhuk_milkyway or JA_Purity) you will see the effect that I am talking about.

I've used the JA_Purity_ii template before but it's not without its own set of problems. The Mega Menu, for example, in the version you've got, is incompatible with Kunena. In my own humble opinion, the JA_Purity_ii template does not offer many significant features that are an improvement over the standard JA_Purity template that comes with J! 1.5.22.

There were also improvements made to the Kunena Blue Eagle template that was shipped in K 1.6.1. These were done in later versions (and there are further improvements in K 1.6.4 which is still in development). Therefore, the first thing that you should do is upgrade to K 1.6.3 as soon as possible and let's look at your problem after you have done that. If I were in your situation, I would see what happens if you use the standard JA_Purity template. It will probably fix your current problem. What do you think of these ideas?

More
13 years 1 month ago #14 by gato_de_botas
thanks.

I have been working in this site since long time ago, and this is the last step before uploading the site to the server. Everything else is working OK, the last step is to solve some issues with Kunena.

I will upgrade kunena to 1.6.3 version to see what happen.

Let me ask you a question: it is possible TO SAVE the actual configuration of kunena and use it in the new version?

More
13 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled
The configuration is saved between upgrades, yes.

More
13 years 1 month ago #16 by gato_de_botas
I'm inspecting the page with FIREBUG, and discover some things:
See the 3 attached images. In image 1 we see the firebug's screen showning the HTML of the page.
In image 2 we see some modifications I did.
In image 3 we see the results of the modifications, and the forum is using the right side!

But the problem is that I could not find the HTML file! I am new in using firebug, and still don't understand what is the file that shows on the LEFT side of firebug screen. On the right side, there are some CSS codes, and it is easy to find the CSS file in joomla folder.

But what is the html file that shows on the LEFT side of firebug screen?? The html code that shows in images 1 and 2 are from what file?
If I can find that file in joomla folder, it will be an easy task.

Attachments:

More
13 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
It's difficult to say. Your website not a "real" website, that is, it's not an internet site and I can't see it. Please see Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) . You will have to figure this out for yourself, I'm sorry.
Find you ../templates/ folder and look in there for JA_Purity_ii and find the template file. Firebug will tell you which CSS files your site is using.

More
13 years 1 month ago #18 by gato_de_botas
This is not working for JA PURITY 2. I disabled the right modules, and want kunena showing in the center and right border of page. The left side I use for joomla menus.

But kunena is only using the CENTER of page. I already tried many different options, but none is working.

Any sugestion?

thanks!

More
13 years 1 month ago #19 by sozzled
gato de botas: please stay on topic. You posted your last message in an old topic that was last used nearly 18 months ago. You posted your last message in K 1.5. Please do not use other topics to repeat the same question that you have asked here.

You have a problem with JA_Purity_ii. Have you tried using the standard JA_Purity template as I have suggested? Does my suggestion help?

As I mentioned in my last reply, it is virtually impossible for us to know exactly what you have done on your site because no one can actually see it except for you.

More
13 years 1 month ago #20 by gato_de_botas
Problem Solved!

There was a blank TEST MODULE at the right position that I forgot about!
I disabled it and Kunena is filling the right border now.

thanks everybody!

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds