Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Why did 1.6.1 change my link colour (and how to fix it?)

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by severdia
You can access it via FTP at:

templates/your_template_name/css/template.css

The name of the template will be based on what template you're using and the template.css file may or may not be named that, but find the main CSS file there.

Or you can also go into the Joomla admin backend and go to Extensions > Template Manager. Click on the name of your active template and click the Edit CSS button. Edit the main CSS file there by adding the CSS chunk to the bottom of it.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by bigmike0601

severdia wrote: You can access it via FTP at:

templates/your_template_name/css/template.css

The name of the template will be based on what template you're using and the template.css file may or may not be named that, but find the main CSS file there.

Or you can also go into the Joomla admin backend and go to Extensions > Template Manager. Click on the name of your active template and click the Edit CSS button. Edit the main CSS file there by adding the CSS chunk to the bottom of it.

For some reason my test site does not have an extension manager...I do not see an option to edit CSS in backend. My live site does have the extension manager, but I prefer to test on this site first. Below is the screen shot of backend...any reason why im missing the extension manager?

Attachments:
More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by severdia
You would see the Template Manager under the Extensions menu. If you can't see it, you're not a Super Administrator. You need to log in with another account that already is a Super Admin and/or upgrade the account you usually log in with. Or you may need your Super Admin to upgrade your account for you if you're not the main Super Admin on your test site.

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by bigmike0601
Severdia,

Thanks for your help, but I have one more question. I want to keep the link color of the categories white, but change all the others. The code you gave me changed them all including the category links.

Thanks!
Mike
More
13 years 5 months ago #15 by severdia
Did you check out this topic?

www.kunena.org/forum/170-k-16-templates-...y-kunena-16-template

There's a CSS block there with comments next to each part so you can pick and choose what you want to change.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pickykim
More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by bigmike0601
Yes, I looked at it. However, I don't see where to seperate the forum header (categories) links colors from all the other links. Here is the template I want to copy: www.easternshoreman.com . This is my live site running K1.5.11, but before I upgrade I need to make sure the template will match.

You see the links are all green except the forum headers are white.
More
13 years 6 days ago #17 by pickykim
Thanks for all the help. You are very patient. If you have time, can you tell me where I would change the font of the main HI categories? It used to show up as my template font Segoe Script but now it is just some sort of default Tahoe or something. Jeesh, between modifying the joomola template, modifying the jomsocial template and modifying the kunena template, I'm going bonkers. Though I must say JomSocial is on my hate list right now. One other quick question. I know Kunena 1.6.3 came with alpha user points. however, once i upgraded to jomsocial 2.2, i cannot use them. Is this something I need to ask about here at kunena, at jomsocial (which would be a joke) or alphauserpoints people? Thanks! Kim :)
More
13 years 6 days ago #18 by sozzled

pickykim wrote: Can you tell me where I would change the font of the main HI categories? It used to show up as my template font Segoe Script but now it is just some sort of default Tahoe or something. Jeesh, between modifying the joomola template, modifying the jomsocial template and modifying the kunena template, I'm going bonkers.

You might find the article Which came first? The template or the forum? interesting reading in relation to your observations.

You can solve most of these template issues - these CSS issues - yourself if you use the web design tools that come with your browser (or download and install Firebug for Firefox ) and the article Firebug in the Wiki will show you how. You can then add your own CSS styles to your Joomls site template file.

pickykim wrote: One other quick question. I know Kunena 1.6.3 came with alpha user points. however, once i upgraded to jomsocial 2.2, i cannot use them. Is this something I need to ask about here at kunena, at jomsocial (which would be a joke) or alphauserpoints people?

No version of Kunena installs Alpha User Points. AUP is a separate Joomla extension that you have to download and install yourself. K 1.6 has configuration options that allow you to integrate AUP with your Kunena forum. I hope that answers your question.
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #19 by woonydanny

Troneas wrote:

sozzled wrote: OK, I'm not sure why the the user thinks this issue has something to do with K 1.6.1 support. I moved this topic to the Template & Design category for the simple reason that the issue concerns a template that is not a core component that was developed or that is supported by the Kunena project.

Thank you, Troneas, for solving this particular issue. I am sure that there are many people who appreciate your contributions.

Troneas wrote:

i'd say that after the infamous new kunena menu, this was yet another clever way to complicate and confuse the user unnecessarily.

I would say that this was actually a disingenuous attempt to needlessly blame the Kunena developers for something that is not within their ability to control. Please check, next time you blame someone, who is responsible for what you have chosen to use.

this would all be true if the initialize.php file was located in my chosen template (ie: aphotic).

but its not.

its located in the Default (blue eagle) template, which comes with kunena, updated in this last patch, and for some reason its affecting MY chosen template CSS. so in essence i had to change the settings of a file in another template (kunena's default) to change mine to what it was.

but anyway, sorry about the previous rant.

As the user above said, this is very annoying as this initialize.php file is not within your created template folder but yet still affects your template.

I dont understand what this initialize.php file is for?

I think it is getting the parameters that you set in the default Blue Eagle template for colours, however it really annoys me if i am not using the default template and have copied the example folder and made my own template it still is overriding my colours.

Please fix so that this doesnt happen when you create your own template!!

(Sozzled please first understand the issue before writing a page long essay)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by woonydanny.
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds