Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Multiple forums on one Joomla

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #71 by sozzled

erancen wrote: problem still relevant.

The problem is that you're having difficulty making a multiple selection of Kunena categories to "define" your separate forums. Is that correct?

Try holding the keyboard CTRL key when you use the left-mouse button to make your selection.

I've looked at your Joomla menu (from the configuration report) and it's very confusing. It would have helped if we could have seen your website but, because your website is hidden behind a firewall somewhere and not on the internet, our advice to you can only be theoretical at best. In other words, there's no guarantee that we can do anything more than suggest a few ideas and it's up to you to see if they work or not. This process of trial-and-error could continue for a long time (unless you could see your way clear to providing us with access to a website somewhere on the internet). See Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) for more on that discussion.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #72 by erancen

sozzled wrote:
Try holding the keyboard CTRL key when you use the left-mouse button to make your selection.

reminds me web tech support: "Please check that the computer is plugged to the power outlet" :laugh:

anyway,

in "Kunena Forum: Category Index" i can't use the "Ctrl" action. but can select sections
in "Kunena Forum: Category" i can't use the "Ctrl" action and can't select sections (only categories)

but in "Kunena Forum: Entry Page" i can select multiple categories with "Ctrl" in the "Allowed Categories" Parameter.

the problem is that in the entry page, no matter what i select in the "Alloed Categories" parameter it's always give me the same result: ALL Categories are visible.

additional questions:

after entering the following link (which is the entry page of the english version of my forum):
http://10.0.0.4/en/forum-en.html?view=entrypage&defaultmenu=177

and setting the forum as i did in my previous post:
www.kunena.org/forum/170-K-17-Templates-...24507?quote=1#124497

i have 2 areas which ignore the "Parent Category ID" trick:
1) the "tree" (or "Bread crumbs" of the forum located below the login fields.
2) the dropdown box that direct to other section/categoris in the forum.

both of them shows ALL the categoris in my forum when the main part of the window shoes only the "section1" categories.

More
11 years 10 months ago #73 by Matias
All I can say that this feature isn't fully supported in Kunena 1.7 (you can have individual categories as menu items). We have improved this a lot in Kunena 2.0, but it's still not fully implemented. I hope that I have time to finish the remaining parts rather sooner than later.

More
11 years 10 months ago #74 by wewe
Replied by wewe on topic Multiple forums on one Joomla
Hello all,

I am trying to run two forums on my web site (2 different languages). By using all of the hints I found here I managed to get sorted out that the "two forums" don't interfere from the menu structure (I know that in reality it is NOT two forums).

However some things remain unsolved, amongst which:
  • - search brings results of "both forums" (in my case English and German)
  • - "new topics" lists categories of "both forums"
  • - recent topics brings entries of "both forums"
  • and so on

I have been reading through all of the posts in this thread and I am not sure if this can be solved at all. So my question (that I would look for to be answered by a simple and clear YES or NO) is: Can it be achieved with Kunena to have multiple completely separated forums?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
Wewe

More
11 years 10 months ago #75 by Matias
Like my last reply implied, the answer is NO, but we are working towards it.

Created a bug from this:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/780

More
11 years 10 months ago #76 by wewe
Replied by wewe on topic Multiple forums on one Joomla
Thank you Matias! At least I know where I am at ;)

I also created a topic for that in the vote that is going on. Maybe that helps to learn if that is of big interest ...

regards
Wolfgang
[everybody vote for it please :-)]

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds