Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Multiple forums on one Joomla

More
13 years 2 months ago #51 by severdia
The only way to do this is to create an External Link menu item in Joomla and add whatever URL you want to that.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #52 by kssulliv
From what I have researched it says that it is possible to have 2 forums on one installation of joomla but I cannot figure out how to do this. Does anyone have any thoughts? I recently install Kunena and love it's perfect for what I need but I need 2 forums on this site. I run community builder and profile pro and have 2 profiles. For one forum both profiles should have access to it, for the second forum only one of the profiles should be able to access it. I haven't been able to figure out how only allow access to one profile yet either. I would put a link off the profile home page but I'm not sure how to figure out a standard link to Kunena forum. Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #53 by sozzled
G'day, Lynne, and welcome to Kunena.

You have posted your question in the K 1.5 Support category. Please read the advice printed at the top of this page which is: Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first .

What specific version of Kunena are you currently running how does your question relate to K 1.5 Support ?

*** Topics merged ***
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #54 by Payam30
I want to make a home page in two laguages. And two forums. one for Swedish speaking users and one for english speaking but all users may write in both forums. I mean two different forums and same users..How do I do that with Kunena?

Regrets

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #55 by sozzled
Make two sections with categories for each language. See Sections, Categories, sub-categories (part 1) . Read the first messages posted in this topic that explain what else you may like to do.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #56 by Payam30
Hi. In that case will everybody see all categories.. I donst want two forums at the same page.. Do you understand
And I want to creat "last discussion" module . one for the first categori and one for the other. and whole forume should be in twi different languages.. forum menu and other kunenalinks
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Payam30.

More
12 years 4 months ago #57 by beckyglass
I am working on a school project using Joomla and have multiple links and I want each link to lead to a different new forum, instead of each link leading to the same forum and having to select a different category.
The URL to this website is:

www.techcommstout.net/rebecca/

At the end of each menu, it is linked to an entry page. Please let me know what I can do or any other suggestions!!!

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #58 by sozzled
G'day, beckyglass, and welcome to Kunena.

We've had these kinds of questions asked before. I've merged your topic with another one that might be more suitable. In particlar, see msg #17 in this topic.

Yes, it's possible. You can achieve a kind of "multiple forums" effect with a more customised Joomla menu and, with a custom menu, you can show different categories ("forums", if you want to call them that) with different menu items, just like we've done here with the Playgrond category. Does this help?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #59 by Morten_Hjort
Replied by Morten_Hjort on topic Separate forums
Is it possible with Kunena V2 to create several independant communities, from a single extension?

I have a page much like MySpace with independant artistpages, where I want to give each artistpage its own forum.
Would that be possible or a possible feature for the future?

More
12 years 1 month ago #60 by sozzled
G'day, Morten_Hjort, and welcome to Kunena.

The answer to your question depends on how "independent" you want each of these "communities" to be. The answer is that can do this all of this now with K 1.7.2. See previous answers given in this topic.

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds