Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Multiple forums on one Joomla

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #41 by boardhead
Severdia:

It's been a busy week with getting the new website launched. It went live last night, but so far without the forums, so now it is time to get back to this. I appreciate your quick responses so feel bad it's been a week now.

But frankly, I don't think I understand your suggestion. The only menu aliases I am aware of are the ones in the second row of each menu item edit page. But I don't think that is what you mean?

I tried the active parent highlighting radiobuttons for both kunenamenus but this didn't change any behavior. Even tried "fully active highlighting".

As for how my menus are set up, I just have two category-list kunena menu items in the side menu (happens not to be mainmenu, but I don't think that matters). One goes to the general forum, the other to the conditions forum. I don't have a Kunena "entry point" menu item as is installed by default (I hid it by making it a submenu item on a menu that is limited to just the top level menuitems).
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by boardhead. Reason: Older links supplied no longer relevant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42 by severdia
It helps to see your setup. Since some time has passed and things have changed, can you explain what you specifically want to achieve?

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #43 by boardhead
I'll try.

I have two sections. I would like them to operate independently, from separate menu items.

Therefore, I will not use the standard "entry item" menu item.

I will instead use to listcat menus.

Kunena provides a listcat submenu item by default. It goes to the index forum, and is hard coded to listcat=0, which is the mother-of-all-kunena-sections (just made up that term ;-)

I copied that submenu item so that I had two of them. Both are have the link destination uneditable. So I used phpmyadmin to change one of them to catid=25 (one section) and catid=26 (my other section).

These both show up on the kunenamenu which of course is the several tabs across the top of the forum page.

What I would like is to have the catid=25 menu item only showing up when I am in that particular section. And I would like to have the catid=26 menu item only showing up when I am in that section.

I thought I could duplicate the whole kunena menu, and have one show up in one, but not the other. One could have the catid=25 submenu turned off, the other have the catid=26 submenu turned off. I could indeed duplicate it and have both show up on top. However, when I went into their respective modules and under menu assignment had one assigned only to its menu and other only to its menu, all I got was the very first kunena menu showing up in either catid. So that didn't work. I think the reason for that is even though the menu item says index.php?listcat&catid=25 , once the page appears, extra arguments such as &func=listcat&Itemid=66 or &Itemid=80 show up. So the "menus" I am selecting in the modules aren't the URLs that are showing so there isn't a match.

Anyway, not sure how I can show you my set up without giving backend access, but [strike]I am attaching an export of my menu structure. And[/strike] here is the configuration settings from the Kunena control panel:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : aha_editionblack | author: Ahadesign | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 08/11/24

Kunena default template details : InfinityHU | author: PedroHSI | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-21

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by boardhead. Reason: can't attach excel, but some menu items are there in the report anyway (in the confiential view)

More
13 years 3 months ago #44 by severdia
So how does the user access each language section? Is there a single menu item for each language they can choose from?

More
13 years 3 months ago #45 by boardhead
That's the plan

(note, actually, the multi-language example was for an earlier poster to this thread, but the concept is the same. My application is two forums covering two separate aspects of my site.)

For each of the two links I posted above, I would have separate menu buttons for them. They would basically be showcat/listcat type menus, rather than the standard Froum Entry parent menu that shows up when Kunena is installed, which appears as a "menulink" type menu and goes to "Latest Posts"

More
13 years 3 months ago #46 by severdia
Yes, that's a difficult one because the Kunena category menu item only supports categories and you need to link to sections. So the solution I mentioned before might be your only option. That means get the section links from the section headers on your forum and create new Joomla External Link menu items with those URLs.

You can do what you've done and change those values in the database, but it might not be reliable. If you create the External URL menu items, you might also try going into the database and changing the "option" field on those two menu items to be "com_kunena". That way they should behave like a component. Worth a try if you feel confident enough.

Other than these options, I don't think there's any other way around this for the time being. Kunena 2.0 is due in Q1 2011 and this will be a non-issue for that (which doesn't help you now...just saying).

More
13 years 2 months ago #47 by boardhead

severdia wrote: Yes, that's a difficult one because the Kunena category menu item only supports categories and you need to link to sections. So the solution I mentioned before might be your only option. That means get the section links from the section headers on your forum and create new Joomla External Link menu items with those URLs.

The problem with that approach is that even with well defined external links, Kunena still adds an &Itemid= argument to the URL, so that it gets associated with the overall forum menu, not the section (it took me a while to figure out that the &Itemid= argument is what determines what menu item is being displayed from the point of view of the modules, when they "decide" whether they are supposed to show up or not). It seems like the only approach would be to hack the code to stop having it append &Itemid= suffixes to that one section, but that is (a) beyond what I can do, and (b) probably would lead to unintended consequences. So I guess I will just go with a half-solution until version 2.0 comes out. I hope version 2.0 will work with Joomla 1.5 - I have too many modules waiting for upgrades to 1.6 to go to Joomla 1.6 yet.

More
13 years 2 months ago #48 by ComposerRyan
Okay, I am trying to setup my site with multiple forums in it too using this menu system. However, here is where I am confused:

If I go to the GE transportation site, at the top menu, it is nice and clean and says "Index, Recent Topics, New Topic, and Search." Then when you click on Rail Discussion, it then says "Discussion, New Topic, Search, Profile." ...which is exactly what I want.

BUT, when I tried to do this, the main index page showed aLL of the forum links at the top so it looked like this: "Index, Recent Topics, New Topic, Search, Rail Discussion, Marine Discussion, Mining Discussion, etc..." It looks very long and has put all of the categories in the menu. How exactly is the GE menu formatted? Is it all under ONE big menu?

More
13 years 2 months ago #49 by ComposerRyan
And another question: whenever a user clicks on a category, is there any way to force the link to another domain name? My forums are on multiple domains, so if I switch the domain name in the link it will automatically switch the layout. So, for instance, I want it to change domain names...so instead of it saying
Code:
index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&catid=27

I want to add onto it:
Code:
http://www.gotoanotherdomain.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&catid=27

Is there anyway to do this?

More
13 years 2 months ago #50 by vano
Replied by vano on topic 3 forums in 1 web-page
Hello I have a page in 3 languages done with joomla. So i want include 3 indepent forum for each language.

(I donĀ“t want a multilingual forum with jomfish contents elements for kunena. As it is one forum for all languages mixing.)

Thanks in advanced.

Time to create page: 0.970 seconds