Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Multiple forums on one Joomla

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by John
Anyone can help with this one? I think this could be a great feature!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by Oscar2
Hi John, same problem here I also still cant figure it out.
I think FXstein is away for some time, so I try to be patient and hope someone can help me/us out!

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by severdia
Did you set up your Joomla menus according to your forum structure? Create the menu item and choose Kunena Category as the view, then select the category you want to point it at.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by Oscar2
Thanks for helping!
I managed to get a link up to the dutch forum, but I still cant get it to be shown as a main category. The subcategories are now displayed as childpages.

See: www.bonsaiempire.nl/joomlasite/forum/nl
I would like it to look like the english forum (separate installed joomla): www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite/forum

Hope you can help me figuring this out!

More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by Oscar2
Hope anyone has some time to help me out, still couldnt figure it out :S

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by elgato
I'm developing a website for pet owners....I want to have a separate forum for dog owners and a separate forum for cat owners. So in the dog main menu selection there will be a drop down and a choice for dog forum and i want the people to only see dog categories. Likewise for the cat main menu item, etc.

the only way I can figure out to do this is to have multiple kunena instances. If that's not possible, is there some other way to do this?

Thanks!
mike

More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by sozzled
It is not possible to multiply run more than one instance of a Joomla component on a Joomla website but there are certainly ways that you can have separate "forums" (for want of a better term) managed by Kunena - a Joomla component - on the same website. K 1.6 delivers the means to do that by allowing you to customise your menus so that different menus (and therefore different menu items) access different sections (or categories) of Kunena.

For an explanation of the terms sections and categories, please refer to Sections, Categories and sub-Categories (Part 1) in the Wiki.

For information about how you can customise your menu, please see Customised Menus in the Wiki.

For an example of how you can setup a separate "forum" in your website, please see fxstein's message (#4) earlier in this topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar2

More
13 years 4 months ago #18 by severdia
@Oscar2 Neither of your links work. But this is quite easy to do so I'm not sure what the problem is. Do the following:

1. Go to the Menu Item Manager for the menu you want to create links in.
2. Click New to create a new menu item.
3. Click Kunena and then Index (Category Index).
4. Give the menu item a name and choose the section/category you want on the right side.
5. Click Save.

Let me know if this works for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar2

More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by Oscar2
Sorry for those links, I tried doing it again and so things got changed a bit.

I followed your steps but the result is not entirely what I had in mind.
> The link "NL" in the main menu is the "Index (cat index)" link that you recommended making, it directs to the "Dutch forum"
> Unfortunately, the structure of the "Dutch forum" is still as it was, a lot of childboards which I would like to see as categories. Also, the kunena forum menu is missing.
> I did know how to link to the main categories on a separate page, but I do not know how to do this in a way so that the dutch category would look like a separate forum.

To be sure;
- The entire forum is this: www.bonsaiempire.nl/joomlasite/forum/index (4 languages)
- The dutch category is this: www.bonsaiempire.nl/joomlasite/forum/index/nederlands
- What I would like: to have the dutch category appear as a standalone forum, so that it would look like the english forum: www.bonsaiempire.com/forum (this is another joomla install)

So difficult to get it right...

More
13 years 4 months ago #20 by severdia
You won't be able to get it to look like the English one because you're one category deep already. Your sub-subcategories will show under the title names. If you follow the steps I posted, that will get the categories and links setup up correctly. But that's as far as you can go.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds