Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged [Merged topic] How to insert banner advertisements (e.g. Google AdSense) in Kunena

More
13 years 2 months ago #21 by DuckJunkie

xillibit wrote: Hello,

You need to have a module, but not some javascript code, this should help : docs.kunena.org/index.php/Module_Positions and docs.kunena.org/index.php/Set_up_a_module_in_kunena_position

Wow - I am not sure what I should do with this information. Do I add this to my template or????
Sorry - still confused!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #22 by jaybuzzard
Ease can some one help as i have searched and cannot find a solution

How do I place banners between categories on the index page?, I know how to place them in messages and so forth

I am using joomla 1.5 and kunena 1.6.2

Many thanks in advance

More
13 years 2 months ago #23 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have looked it : docs.kunena.org/index.php/Module_Positions

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #24 by tgotch
I would like to know also. The module position shows everything but how to place adsense on index (category) pages (unless I am missing something).

The Kunena forum here shows ads between categories. The module positions shows:

kunena_profilebox

kunena_announcement

kunena_bottom

kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page

But again, nothing for placing on index page between categories

More
13 years 1 month ago #25 by ChaosHead
Try this: www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager
You can limit module publishing by URL.

Advanced Module Manager is an extension that changes the way your Module manager works. It adds a few functions.

* See what modules are active for the menu item you are editing
* Edit modules in modal popup windows
* Option to not show modules that have no output (handy for things like dynamic menus)
* Option to show modules on all pages except the selected menu items (reverse functionality of normal selection)
* Many other publishing limits for your modules! You can limit by (AND/OR):
o Menu Item
o Sections / Categories
o Articles
o FLEXIcontent Categories
o K2 Categories
o Mighty Resource Categories (NEW)
o ZOO Categories (NEW)
o Components
o URL
o Date
o User Group Levels
o Users
o Languages
o Templates
o PHP evaluation

More
13 years 1 month ago #26 by DuckJunkie
djlucky69 - Did you get this figured out? Would love some advice if you did!

More
13 years 1 month ago #27 by DuckJunkie
Has anyone tried AdSense for Kunena module? extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/10514 I'd like to see it in action and hear any likes/dislikes.

More
13 years 1 month ago #28 by DuckJunkie
I asked the same question and haven't found a good solution. I recently stumbled on AdSense for Kunena (module): extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/10514
But I haven't tried it yet. Let us know if you try it!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #29 by DuckJunkie

tgotch wrote: I would like to know also. The module position shows everything but how to place adsense on index (category) pages (unless I am missing something).

The Kunena forum here shows ads between categories. The module positions shows:

kunena_profilebox

kunena_announcement

kunena_bottom

kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page

But again, nothing for placing on index page between categories

You can put your adsense code into the default Joomla banner component and use a banner module or create a custom HTML module and insert your adsense code.

Joomla 1.5.x - Adding a New Module Position

To create new module positions for Joomla 1.5.x, use the Joomla Module Manager and either edit an existing module or create a new module. Then type the name of the module position you would like to add into the Module Position field and, when you save it, will then be added to your site as a new module position.
Names of module positions to use for the Kunena forum are:

For placement on Index Page: kunena_section_n
where n = number of section on a page where you wish the module to appear (new in Kunena 1.6.1)

For placement on Recent Topics Page: kunena_topic_n
where n = number of topic on a page where you wish the module to appear (new in Kunena 1.6.1)

It took me a while to get that figured our from the docs page because I kept missing the part about where to put in the new module position names and I thought it would be more complicated - LOL
I hope this clears this up for you! :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by DuckJunkie.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30 by sozzled
We really need to improve the documentation on this subject and, when people ask for the information, show them exactly where they can find it.

The information is given in Module Positions in the Wiki. If someone has a better idea how to present the information - particularly in the context of being about to help other users looking for how to position banner advertisement modules, we would live to hear from you. In this way it would be easier for people to use the Wiki to readily find the information than post their message on the forum and expect the moderators to dig the information out for them.

Who would like to try their hand at helping us to help the Kunena community?

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds