Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] Menu tabs display vertically

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by saddoris
Thanks, Matias. I've looked it over and am still confused as to what the issue could be. The Forum link in the main menu is different when on other pages than when inside of Kunena.

Forum link in main menu on main page:
fadedandblurred.com/component/kunena/?vi...page&defaultmenu=152

Forum link in main menu after clicking into Kunena:
fadedandblurred.com/forum/entrypage

It redirects correctly. I have even uninstalled/reinstalled, but as an admin I still see the message:

Kunena Notice: No menu item assigned. Redirected to /forum (Itemid=150).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by saddoris
FYI-I copied the Forum link from the Kunena Menu into the Main Menu and all seems to be well... ;)

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by Matias
It seems that we have two people with the same issue.

What template are you using?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #14 by saddoris
The main site template is a modified version of ja_sulfur from joomlart. The kunena template is just the default blue eagle. I've copied the entire Kunena Menu into the Main Menu and just set permissions on the drop down items, which seems to be working. I've taken it offline for the moment, but if you need to have a look, let me know and I'll PM you a username and password and re-enable it.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by saddoris. Reason: forgot something

More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by Matias
Kunena 1.6 seems to have issues with some Joomlart templates. Thanks for replying to my last question.

It seems that your site is now working..?

More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by saddoris
It seems to be, yes. And to be honest, I really like the added functionality of the Kunena Menu drop down. I hope it will allow users who are looking over our site to be inspired to hit "New Topic" right from where they are and get into a discussion. That begin said, I really would like to figure out the underlying cause of the initial error.

j.

More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by Matias
I believe that the original error comes from Joomlart menu -- it doesn't seem to support menu aliases.

More
13 years 6 months ago #18 by saddoris
Any suggestions, then? Shouold I dump the existing menu and build a new one? All I really want for the main menu is a rollover color and the ability to use the "Bebas" font.

More
13 years 6 months ago #19 by Matias
Two solutions came just into my mind:

1) Copy Kunena Menu into your main menu (gives you cool dropdown menu to Kunena)
2) Use Kunena: Entry Page pointing to Kunena Menu >> Forum. Just make sure that alias or URL is not /forum (confuses Joomla and causes issues)
The following user(s) said Thank You: saddoris

More
13 years 5 months ago #20 by Belgarath007
Replied by Belgarath007 on topic Forum display problem
Hi

I am installing my new website with Kunena 1.6.1. The installation has worked without problem. But I have display problems.

See here :

The top buttons have no space between them and the two red rectangles show a link that does not link to the index but to recent topics.

I can't either change the colors of my template with the template manager in the Kunena backend. I tried and it does not work ! :(

I use Joomla 1.5.22 with a dynamic template (nld_045_15) and Kunena 1.6.1. with the basic template.

Could you help me ?
Thanks ! :cheer:
(Sorry, my English is not so good)

www.porschiste.com the website for Porsche enthusiasts ! (French)

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds