Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] K 1.6/1.7 - colouring categories

More
13 years 7 months ago #21 by Herrie
Thanks for your hint, regarding the css file and what to look for.

I've been tinking... I use a joomla template (changed to my own needs) derived from a Themza template.
(Colourfull world it was)
They use the following solution to choose a colour variaty in the template:
- In their templateDetails.xml:

<params>
<param name="colorVariation" type="list" default="blue" label="Color Variation" description="Color variation to use">
<option value="blue">Blue</option>
<option value="dblue">Dark Blue</option>
<option value="pink">Pink</option>
<option value="green">Green</option>
<option value="orange">Orange</option>
</param>
</params>

Next to this a file called 'params.ini' containing the following:

colorVariation=blue

and in their 'index.php' the following statement:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/<?php echo $this->params->get('colorVariation'); ?>.css" type="text/css" />

With this one can choose a 'colourVariation' in the template settings (dropdown list)

Maybe this might be an idea to incorporate in Kunena's templates.

Those users, who are 'clever' enough, might be able to change things in the 'xml'-list as well as in the 'css', to meet theis specific needs.
Otherwise Kunena just offers an scale of colour variations as the, more or less' do now in a 'simpler' way.

It is just a though I had...

If my idea is too complicated, never mind my suggestion.
However, if it is something to build in, t was just a suggestion. I'm not wanting to 'own credits' for it.

Anyway, I'm going to 'play around' with your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marshalrosy
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #22 by marshalrosy
Replied by marshalrosy on topic Re: K 1.6 - colouring categories
That's good that you got the solution. I did same mistake once. By mistake I had removed the extension of a file and getting a warning message and after too many efforts I get to know the reason.. :) I think we developers concentrate more on coding and forget the small mistakes.. LOL.. Apart from that there are few really cool suggestions so I am going to give them a try. Thanks guys..
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by marshalrosy.

More
13 years 1 week ago #23 by cbrace
Hi all,

For each category in the Category Manager, at the bottom of the Settings tab, there is a field called Forum CSS Class Suffix, with the description: "CSS suffixes applied to index, showcat, view, and allow for different designs per forum."

Can someone give me an example of how this works? In particular, I would like a given category to have a different appearance (text color or background) in the Index and Recent topics.

I believe it used here on this forum. If you go to the Index page, the section dedicated Kunena 1.5 has a darker background than the rest of the categories. I assume this is done using the Forum CSS Class Suffix.

Thanks.

More
13 years 1 week ago #24 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrace

More
13 years 1 week ago #25 by checksum
Hello
I have searched the forum and could not find an answer. I have also check kunena config in backend and could not figure it out.
How do you get color coded categories?

More
13 years 1 week ago #26 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: checksum

More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by buzzQuark
I need an entire section to be a certain colour scheme different from the rest.

How do I color an entire section?

More
12 years 2 months ago #28 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, buzzQuark, and welcome to Kunena.

See Coloured categories

More
12 years 2 months ago #29 by buzzQuark
Thank you for the link. I had seen this and it was not working because I set my template to "Blend with Joomla Template" the suffix does not work with this set to "Yes."

I set it to No and I can colour categories now. Thanks.

More
12 years 2 months ago #30 by Jiminimonka

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds