Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question How do I change the appearance of the undocumented indent tag in Kunena?

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by ccvortex
Thanks for the answer, appreciate it.

Couple of points if I may:

1. My indent bbcode is not wrong, it is 100% reproducible, with 100% successful results. Using your code does not work, and if you wish I can record a screen video to prove it. This must be an undocumented bug for an undocumented feature :lol:

2. You shouldn't have had to experiment on what the indent tag is parsed into because I attached a screenshot of Firebugs output of the indent tag. It clearly shows that it's a blockquote. Did you not see my screen shot? Maybe I should have attached it inline.

3. No offense, but it seems my original question was not thoroughly read. Maybe you're too busy with real life stuff (aren't we all!). However, if you go back to my first post, the one that was split off, you will clearly see I was asking about how to modify the attributes of the indent tag, and not asking for a lecture on how to use ULs ;)
It spiraled out of control from there as people somehow latched on to the UL deal, which lead me to forcefully state that I am interested only in that bbcode attribute.

4. Again, the reason I did not attached the config output is because it is a general question about bbcode attributes within Kunena, and not a support question per se. It is akin to me asking you what programming language Kunena is written in (PHP, PERL, etc). If I were to ask that question I doubt you would require me to post my cfg for you.

4a. My boss freaked out when he saw I had posted links to a clients dev site here...

4b. I have moved our dev site to our intranet so you couldn't access it anyway... maybe I should have just said that in the first place :unsure:

5. If oyu get the chance, maybe someone could document all of the bbcodes available from within Kunena as your wiki list is woefully lacking.

With all that said though, I know you guys field a lot of questions daily and it's probably a thankless job, so I appreciate your effort in supporting a free product that really does work well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by Jiminimonka
Hi,

I think that it has been concluded that the Indent feature is undocumented and unsupported as it was put in to enable porting in from another forum system.

Also regarding your bosses reaction, if you posted the Kunena Configuration Report, the Confidential tags hide everything including the URL from anyone except Moderators and Admin, and it does not contain any login information.

Once Kunena 2.0 is finished, hopefully in beta next month, I will make an attempt to update all the BBCode information, and I am already working on part of that now.

Thanks for your support, it's nice to get a little praise :)

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds