Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Kunena Customization Help

More
12 years 4 months ago #11 by sunny33days
I may be incorrect or misread it. In their Professional support forum last week they were talking about releasing Groupjive 2.5 soon but still need to wait for it. Groupjive 2.4 is the current version and they've been talking about Groupjive 2.5 being released soon but needing to wait until Kunena 2.0 being released before they can test its integration. I may have misinterpreted it, they may not need to wait for Kunena 2.0, that was just the impression I got from reading the thread though. I could also be wrong, perhaps the next release is going to be 2.4.x as a temp fix for the Groupjive issues and 2.5 at a later date after Kunena 2.0 comes out, not sure.

I don’t think I can paste the forum thread publically though, as its paid forum support access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
These other issues about GroupJive are off-topic to the original question you asked (although I'm happy to deal with them as best I can). As I said, your report is the first that I've read about this. If that's their opinion, then that's their opinion. I have nothing further to add.

I still haven't looked into question that you asked at this time. I need to find out which file you will have to modify. Just remember, of course, that any modifications made by you are at your own risk and (unless you create your own template) they will probably be lost whenever you upgrade Kunena. If you create your own template then your changes will be preserved when you upgrade Kunena. It's my guess that, depending on your knowledge of how to build a template file, it will take you a couple of hours to build the template.

I'll let you know what I discover.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #13 by sozzled
I found the code that does this (it took me an hour, because I'm not a developer, so it might be an idea to donate a couple of dollars to the project for my time).

The code is located in ../components/com_kunena/template/default/categories/categories.php (obviously!) between lines 101-113 shown below:
Code:
<td class="kcol-mid kcol-kcattopics"> <!-- Number of Topics --> <span class="kcat-topics-number"><?php echo CKunenaTools::formatLargeNumber ( intval($category->numTopics) ) ?></span> <span class="kcat-topics"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_TOPICS');?></span> <!-- /Number of Topics --> </td> <td class="kcol-mid kcol-kcatreplies"> <!-- Number of Replies --> <span class="kcat-replies-number"><?php echo CKunenaTools::formatLargeNumber ( intval($category->numPosts) ) ?></span> <span class="kcat-replies"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_REPLIES');?> </span> <!-- /Number of Replies --> </td>
You just have to flip the order of a couple of statements, and you're all done! B)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #14 by sunny33days
Thank you Sozzled for your help, however I really have no coding experience, how do I change this code?

Can you send me the paypal link and I'll make a contribution. If you can tell me exactly what to change it to, I would be very grateful, as I'm not sure how to change it.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #15 by sozzled
I haven't tested what happens if you change the order of the existing code in ../components/com_kunena/template/default/categories/categories.php (between lines 101-113) like this:
Code:
<td class="kcol-mid kcol-kcattopics"> <!-- Number of Topics --> <span class="kcat-topics"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_TOPICS');?></span> <span class="kcat-topics-number"><?php echo CKunenaTools::formatLargeNumber ( intval($category->numTopics) ) ?></span> <!-- /Number of Topics --> </td> <td class="kcol-mid kcol-kcatreplies"> <!-- Number of Replies --> <span class="kcat-replies"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_REPLIES');?> </span> <span class="kcat-replies-number"><?php echo CKunenaTools::formatLargeNumber ( intval($category->numPosts) ) ?></span> <!-- /Number of Replies --> </td>
I did warn you that it was probably a non-trivial exercise and that it requires advanced Joomla/PHP programming expertise.

For donating to the Kunena project, go to the home page www.kunena.org/ and you will see the donation button fairly obviously displayed there. Thanks. We appreciate your support. :)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds