Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Removing "categories -" from page title

More
12 years 2 months ago #21 by 810
line 51 and line 52: components/com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago #22 by Beccam
Yea I did, I tried everything I could internally, wouldn't work. Any site titles I added are always placed after "Categories". I finally corrected the issue by installing a Site Title plugin that was able to overwrite the order these were in.
More
12 years 2 months ago #23 by dankbeme
I'm having the same issue. What plugin did you use for the Site Title? Do you have a URL please?
More
12 years 2 months ago #24 by pointaction
I need help on forum index title?

When I go to my website forums pointaction.com/forum/index

I look at the title it has Categories in the title tag

<title>Categories - Community Forums</title>

How do I replace that with the site title?
More
12 years 2 months ago #25 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

I think that the answer you are looking for is in this topic.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #26 by pointaction

dankbeme wrote: I'm having the same issue. What plugin did you use for the Site Title? Do you have a URL please?

I need to know what plugin you are using for the title and plugin must be compatible with Joomla 1.7.3

This does not help line 51 and line 52: components/com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by pointaction.
More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by Beccam

pointaction wrote:

dankbeme wrote: I'm having the same issue. What plugin did you use for the Site Title? Do you have a URL please?

I need to know what plugin you are using for the title and plugin must be compatible with Joomla 1.7.3

This does not help line 51 and line 52: components/com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php

Sorry, should have mentioned it earlier

It is called "Title Manager" here is the JED link extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma.../seo-a-metadata/3521 .

The Title isn't completely fixed, it uses three titles now but that is better than showing "categories"

For example my site shows "Title Name" - "Category" - "Site Title" still preferable however!
More
12 years 1 month ago #28 by kbkounyea
[Running kunena 1.7.2, in Joomla! 1.5.23 website]

Page title for Forum shows as "Categories - Forum". How to change it?
I would like for it to show only as "Forum".
(I searched the forum here for this topic but found nothing)
More
12 years 1 month ago #29 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

I think that the answer you are looking for is in this topic.
More
12 years 1 month ago #30 by kbkounyea

kbkounyea wrote: [Running kunena 1.7.2, in Joomla! 1.5.23 website]

Page title for Forum shows as "Categories - Forum". How to change it?
I would like for it to show only as "Forum".

Redirected here thanks - I would like to look at the plugin indicated above later on, when I'll be ready to finetune the page title a lot more, but my situation is a bit different, and I have a narrow goal at present.
My forum is embedded on my site with its own menu tab in the top navigation bar, along with other pages of the site. None of the other pages have the word "category" coming up in their page title in Firefox, only the page loading the forum does, so it is a basic Kunena "artifact".
I'd really like to understand what in Kunena, causes the "category" word to come up in the page title, and where/how that can be intercepted and stopped?
In other words, I'd like to treat this problem at its source, (and learn more about how Kunena integrates in Joomla 1.5 as a process).
I'm so very grateful to the Joomla developers for the complex functionality of the Kunena forum, and for the way it integrates so beautifully in Joomla 1.5.
The page title issue is a small detail that I think the developers can explain and give a solution to, within the basic install environment. (Before going to the bells and whistles of a plugin).
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds