Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Removing "categories -" from page title

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #11 by ZYNC
gentle bump.

Any update on this? I also want to remove the word "Categories -" in my forum at chat.com.ph/forum
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ZYNC.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #12 by blacktino79
How do you change the page title from "Categories" to something else like "Welcome To My Forums". I searched ths topic and came up with answers for K1.5 and NOT 1.6 (I am using 1.6.4 and am not upgrading to 1.7). I even have SH404SEF and I can't even change it from there. How do you do this?
Attachments:
More
8 years 9 months ago #13 by sunny33days
Hi, my site is a forum and nothing more, so it makes sense to use Kunena's Index or Recent Topics page as my sites homepage. The problem is I can edit the description, but not the title tag. For some reason it always has "Categories" or "Recent Topics" as part of the title tag. How to I get rid of this Categories and/or Recent Topics wording.. I just want to use the title of my sites name.
More
8 years 9 months ago #14 by sunny33days
*Bump* Can someone help me please??
More
8 years 9 months ago #15 by Matias
Unfortunately it's not configurable in Kunena 1.7. The only way is to change source code.
More
8 years 8 months ago #16 by Beccam
Replied by Beccam on topic Site Title - Please Help!
I have been trying to fix this problem and Googling this problem and I can't find a fix for it anywhere. Please please help.

No matter what I do, Kunena inserts "Categories" into my site title - before the actual site title. This is horrible for my SEO and pretty annoying from a user experience perspective because if they leave a browser tab open its just going to say "categories" which isn't helpful.

I don't even understand why it is using categories - I have the forums set to load my "index" page.

I have made sure the site title is properly set in Control Panel
I have chosen to "include site name in page title" under Global Config
I have set the site title under Kunena Configuration
I have messed around with the menu options thinking maybe that is it, and have changed the alias, the page display options, the browser page title and page heading.

Nothing is working! I have three sites 1 Kunena forum I installed on for work, 1 Kunena forum I installed for testing and another one I installed for a hobby site of mine, and ALL of them have this problem. It must be something I am doing - or I don't understand why more people are not asking this question.
More
8 years 8 months ago #17 by Admata

Beccam wrote: No matter what I do, Kunena inserts "Categories" into my site title - before the actual site title. This is horrible for my SEO and pretty annoying from a user experience perspective because if they leave a browser tab open its just going to say "categories" which isn't helpful.

I don't even understand why it is using categories - I have the forums set to load my "index" page.

I think there is nothing wrong. Index means Categories page. The 'Menu Item Type' is 'Kunena Forum: Category Index'

It´s very common way to name site title. First where you are exactly and then where you are generally. In Menu item you can affect name (displays on button you click) and alias (displays on your url). I think (educated guess, but can be wrong) the "Categories" part on your page title comes from your Kunena template.
More
8 years 8 months ago #18 by Beccam
This really needs to be corrected in future versions of Kunena - to at least allow the Site Title first. While some may consider this "common" it is certainly not the appropriate way of displaying your site title and there isn't any reason why the code should always put "Categories" before the site title you have set.
More
8 years 8 months ago #19 by fairwea1
In your kunena menu did your add a page title to the index menu?
More
8 years 8 months ago #20 by T77HAS
Can someone point me to the Source code/files I need to amend to remove "Categories -" from my page titles.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds