Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Profiles not saving (avatars not uploading)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by Dumhed
(Edit: Original title.."Avatars not uploading. Seems to be a bigger issue with profiles, so title changed)

I saw past posts about this with the older version having something to do with GD1/GD2. I've tried each, as well as "None"... but nothing is happening when I try to upload. I am not using any third-party components for profiles/avatars, etc. Just Kunena. :)

Anyway, I don't know if there is supposed to be an "Upload" button or not. I tried a few different templates and it wasn't there. I just click the "save" button after selecting my image. But instead of uploading it looks like it "saved" by going back to the beginning. But no image is uploaded. (Was trying a 11k jpg).

Kunena 1.6
InfinityHU Dark Template RC3 (for 1.6)
Joomla 1.5.20
PHP 5.2.14

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Dumhed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
Refresh the page -- we are currently using same filename for new avatar and it seems to cause these kinds of issues when the files are locally cached into browser.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #3 by Dumhed
Replied by Dumhed on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
still no dice. I tried different browsers (and two computers).

the /media/kunena/avatars/users directory is empty (only has index file)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Dumhed.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
Are-you sure that the image doesn't exceed the maximum limit weight set in configuration setting ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by seoactivesearch
Hi,

I have Joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.6
During installation all went well and I passed all OK.
I am having same problem and also I cannot add profile information or any of the other settings.

Please advise.

Thank you

SEO, PPC and web site services company UK
www.seoactivesearch.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
And the directory /media/kunena/avatars/users is writable by everyone ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by seoactivesearch
Yes.
I have been playing around for quite a while and I found my solution:
I use Chrome and cannot make any profile changes, BUT when I use Opera it works fine.

Try that people, test a different browser.

Thanks for all the help.

SEO, PPC and web site services company UK
www.seoactivesearch.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by Dumhed
Replied by Dumhed on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
file was only 11k. user folder is 755. I tried chrome, ie, and firefox. I'll try opera next.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #9 by dytlyf
Replied by dytlyf on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
Try another browser!!? I don't intend to be sarcastic, but does this mean I must place a message somewhere on my site that says: "Visitors, please note - if you join the forum and find that you can't upload your avatar, please try different browsers until you succeed."

Surely this must be a Kunena issue? I first noticed the problem about two weeks ago when I installed Kunena 1.6 RC on Joomla! 1.5.20. Tonight I installed Kunena 1.6 stable hoping the problem would be gone, but it is still there.

By the way, the avatar is not the only problem. If the front-end language and time zone are not the same as the Joomla! global settings, they cannot be changed in the user profile either, nor can the profile information such as birth date etc. In fact, the profile cannot be edited at all.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by dytlyf.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by dytlyf
Replied by dytlyf on topic Re: Avatars not uploading
I have just discovered that I can upload an avatar when I log in as administrator. Does this mean that are other permissions that have to be set besides the ones mentioned in another post on this topic?

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds