Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 10 to 20 second delay on post submit

More
12 years 9 months ago #21 by Matias
This is very interesting issue as sending the message just timed out (5 minutes) for me. After that the whole site went down, which means that your site is either in very heavy load, processes died or the database is locked.

Generally Kunena was running very fast in your server and sending a message is just like loading a large category page -- just with INSERT INTO queries instead of SELECT queries. It should be about as fast.

This is not a poll issue; I believe that the poll issue is IE9 incompatibility with our JavaScript.

The only thing that get slow is sending all the emails to subscribers. You can ensure that no emails is being sent by leaving email address in Kunena configuration empty. But I doupt that this is the case.

I believe that you have something wrong in the server configuration itself as no PHP page should kill your site. It almost looks like some processes in the server become zombies or die, and that's usually because of a bug in that software or a bad mistake in PHP/Apache/MySQL configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #22 by TheSpooki
Has anyone found a solution to the 20 second lag after submitting? I am having the same issue but everything else is working perfectly? Please let me know if there was ever a solution to this.

More
12 years 4 months ago #23 by xillibit
Hello,

Check in source code of the page if you have numerous javascript loaded

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #24 by TheSpooki
I have 10 js files loading, 4 of them are Kunena javascripts. Any idea what it could be? I think it might be the google analytics script I am using with my template but I could be wrong.

More
12 years 4 months ago #25 by 810
also try to disable polls, in the kunena settings. in some cases this is the issue. Do you have the delay only on ie. or with all browsers?

regards 810

More
12 years 4 months ago #26 by TheSpooki
I have already disabled polls and I still have the issue in all 5 major browsers.
This message contains confidential information

More
12 years 4 months ago #27 by 810
please disable website compression. on your template. or plugin.

More
12 years 4 months ago #28 by TheSpooki
I've disabled all caching and compression on the site and it is still the same?

More
12 years 4 months ago #29 by 810
please disable cometchat

More
12 years 4 months ago #30 by TheSpooki
It has been disabled

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds