Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to change time zone?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
Thank you for showing me where you found the article that shows how the feature may have worked before K 1.6.4.

We are aware that, because of problems in J! 1.6 there were issues that prevent the ability for Joomla extensions to modify the timezone settings with Joomla user accounts. This is documented in the SVN in tracker item 25597 . I don't know any more than what was written there.

It is possible (and I'm just guessing this is what was done) that the ability to change timezone settings with Kunena was disabled as part of K 1.6.4 because of the problems the developers encountered with J! 1.6. Until such time as J! 1.6 is fixed this problem remains. It is probable, therefore, that K 1.6.4 does not give you the ability to change the timezone settings even with J! 1.5.23. I have made a small change to Dates and times in Kunena article to help other users who may be affected like you were.

As you can see here, on this site (which uses K 1.6.4) you cannot do this. Therefore, if you cannot do this here at this site you probably cannot do this on your site. I'm sorry, but that's all I know about this issue at the present time.

The K 1.6.4 release notes state:

In order to achieve better interoperability with both J! 1.5 and J! 1.6, a lot of work has focused on revising the default Kunena template.

There are still a few outstanding matters that have prevented K 1.6 meeting all our expectations to take full advantage of all the features of J! 1.6. As with other Joomla extensions, the Kunena project is not alone in this situation. During our extensive testing of K 1.6.4 the project team has discovered several issues with the Joomla 1.6 core and these have been reported to the Joomla development team. Rather than wait for Joomla 1.7 to be released (expected some time in July this year) we decided that it is better now to release a version of Kunena that handles most of what Joomla 1.6 is capable of providing. There is still further work needed to complete this task and we're continuing to work with Joomla developers to resolve those outstanding matters. If you are in any doubt about whether J! 1.6 is right for you, you should test K 1.6.4 on J! 1.6.3. to form your own opinion of whether J! 1.6 is best for your needs or whether you should use something else.

That's the best explanation I can give you at this time.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smirnov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #12 by Smirnov

It is possible (and I'm just guessing this is what was done)...

Thanks for your answers, but whether probably to receive more precise answer? How to make sure, what this possibility is really lost in v.1.6.4?

As you can see here, on this site (which uses K 1.6.4) you cannot do this. Therefore, if you cannot do this here at this site you probably cannot do this on your site. I'm sorry, but that's all I know about this issue at the present time.

It depends as well on adjustments Joomla... But in this case they, possibly, do not work.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Smirnov.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13 by ChaosHead
Smirnov, this option is enabled in Joomla Global Configuration?

More
12 years 11 months ago #14 by Smirnov
Yes, but it does not work.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #15 by Mihanja
I have Joomla 1.6.3 and
forum version 1.6.4. The time
zone setting is available only
to administrators, ordinary
users do not see the block
with the time zone settings!

maybe it's something to help
you.

I am writing a mobile
phone.

Recommended hosting vps: VPS with a panel ispmanager lite (Promo Code:648215714)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mihanja.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #16 by Smirnov

Mihanja wrote: I have Joomla 1.6.3 and
forum version 1.6.4. The time
zone setting is available only
to administrators

Very well... And I cannot change the time zone settings even in an administrative account.
Joomla 1.5.23, kunena 1.6.4
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Smirnov.

More
12 years 11 months ago #17 by wolfhound512
I think this is the same problem:

www.kunena.org/forum/167-k-16-test-repor...-settings-in-profile

try to edit "\components\com_kunena\funcs\profile.php", but for J1.5

More
12 years 11 months ago #18 by Smirnov
For Joomla 1.5 this algorithm, apparently, does not work. Whether there are still ideas?

More
12 years 11 months ago #19 by wolfhound512
It works, you only need a little tweak. Solution in the same subject: www.kunena.org/forum/167-k-16-test-repor...ngs-in-profile#95351

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds