Kunena 5.1.15 Released (27 Oct 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.15 [K 5.1.15] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.6.3: NoixACL integration -> "Catchable fatal error" error

More
8 years 6 months ago #41 by sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #42 by zhumar
Yes, we have NoixACL on this site.

And I see that 1.6.4 can be any day now. I was just hoping to get a hotfix from one of the Kunena devs because I didn't want our client's clients to encounter the error.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #43 by sozzled
I've been having a most interesting discussion on this matter with Matias. Although I have no familiarity with NoixACL, apparently this product has been a sore point for a lot of users. I won't repeat everything that Matias told me, only to say that K 1.6.4 fixes a bug in the Noix integration but K 1.6.4 does not fix security issues in the NoixACL component itself.

So, on the one hand, K 1.6.4 will workaround the "catchable fatal error" syndrome but, on the other hand, NoixACL is (in one user's opinion, not mine) a seriously flawed and unreliable product. In hindsight it may have been better to have not included NoixACL as a product that would work in K 1.6 and support for NoixACL has been withdrawn from K 2. Of the two ACL products available that can be integrated with K 1.6, Artof User is better.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 6 months ago #44 by zhumar
I have never liked NoixACL. Having to set permissions for a super administrator to make changes in the backend of the site is awful. Not to mention several of their adapters are completely broken.

I will mention Artof User to my manager and see if we can try that one out instead. Thanks for the tip!

More
8 years 6 months ago #45 by sozzled

More
8 years 6 months ago #46 by zhumar
So, just so I know, there's no quick hotfix I can do for 1.6.3 to rectify this issue?

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds