Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Trying to fix an "XML Parsing Error" that is showing with a fresh install

More
12 years 8 months ago #11 by daviddmf
My apologies Sozzled.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field text jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field section jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field href jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field created jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field keywords

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : rt_afterburner_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 08/07/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.2.3 | Jomsocial 1.8.7 | UddeIm 2.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.0-RC1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.0-RC1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Stats 1.6.2 | Kunena Login 1.6.2 | Kunena Search 1.6.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
See PM. You have software that needs to be updated, a database that needs to be looked at and a Joomla menu that is extremely complicated. These are just the things that I've concluded from your configuration report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daviddmf

More
12 years 8 months ago #13 by daviddmf
Thank you Sozzled. I have installed the Afterburner template which is supposed to be a simple template.
I only see one errror message which is somehow connected to the kunena search plugin:
have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci
I had the JS Fresh template installed beforehand and the same error message appeared but not initially this happened after either a component upgrade, server upgrade or a conflict with a plugin or module. But I tried the usual uninstalling plugins and modules to no effect. Even the Js Fresh template is a relatively simple template compared to some of the more sophisticated ones. I also tried a couple of different menu modules and the same error appeared when those were installed too. Is there any way you could give me some indications as how I can remedy this as I don't have the budget right now to pay $xxxxx for this bug but obviously that would be the best solution I know and thanks for offering to help with this.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled
The following software is out-of-date and not supported:
  • CommunityBuilder 1.2.3
  • Jomsocial 1.8.7
  • My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.0-RC1
  • My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.0-RC1
  • Kunena Latest 1.6.2
  • Kunena Stats 1.6.2
  • Kunena Search 1.6.2
If you want to use these things then it's also your job to keep them maintained and up-to-date. Why do you have both of JomSocial and Community Builder, anyway, when your forum is only integrated with JomSocial?

I have no clue about rt_afterburner_j15 but, apart from what comes stock-standard with Joomla, I would be deeply suspicious of any software that was created before the time when J! 1.5.19 was released.

Your Kunena menu has 39 items in it; compare this to this website which has 9 menu items. If your menu works, that's good; if you have doubts about it, start again. Looking back over this topic, the issue seems to be connected with Joomla menus. Something to think about, maybe.

Turn off caching.

Clean up the clutter, check everything, eliminate things that are no longer used ... that's what I would do. The topic title states "trying to fix an 'XML Parsing Error' that is showing with a fresh install". Where is the "fresh install" in your site?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #15 by daviddmf

The topic title states "trying to fix an 'XML Parsing Error' that is showing with a fresh install". Where is the "fresh install" in your site?

Sozzled not sure what you mean by this. I did not start this topic thread. But my Kunena version is up to date except for the plugins which I thought were automatically updated when one updates KUnena. Was obviously wrong my fault sorry.

I used to have community builder installed but then migrated to Jomsocial. I did not eradicate it out of fear that it might somehow effect the jomsocial database.

Thank you for your really good advice Sozzled I can see now why it would take you 2 days to tidy up!

More
12 years 8 months ago #16 by daviddmf
I tried all your suggestions so far except for upgrading jomsocial as that is a 100 bucks for an upgrade.
and which caching are you referring to? Kunena caching or global caching?

Thank you much appreciated

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #17 by daviddmf
Also my kunena menu only has 10 items in it (in total) so not sure where you got the 39 from?

OK I may have identified the issue. When I go to the main horizontal menu editor called top menu and attempt to link menu item recent forum posts to forum category recent posts the url shows /forum/recent-forum-posts instead of /forum/recent thus causing the xml error message to show. However if I change the name of the menu item to recent leaving out the forum posts there is no more xml error. From this I conclude that there is a conflict between forum menu and the template top menu.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by daviddmf.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18 by daviddmf
OK the above resolves the problem for the main forum tabs but not when you click on a topic category. Then the error is back again :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #19 by daviddmf
Problem Solved

I unpublished the mod_mainmenu which was driving the kunena menu and went for a 3rd party menu module and assigned it to the kunena position and kunena menu and voila it worked no more xml parsing error!
Thank you for you help

:silly:

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds