Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED]You are not allowed to change your name!

More
13 years 3 months ago #21 by pigalicious
That is correct sozzled, so far, just one user account has been effected. I will contact you via PM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #22 by Suprdave12
I'm sorry I do not see what the actual work around is.

I do know who the user is that is having problems.

Thank you so much for your help on this issue.

More
13 years 3 months ago #23 by tctundra
Not very helpful. If this is a problem with joomla, and there "MAY" be a solution, could you please post it here? What's the point of a help forum if the solutios are sent by PM?

I too am having this issue (with one user, at least). Has anyone found a solution that can be posted here?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #24 by June
Same problev with at least one of my users. Is this problem solved?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #25 by sozzled
To everyone who continues to ask about this question: The problem is actually caused by a Joomla defect! However, to resolve the problem requires the knowledge of certain confidential information about the user who has registered with your forum. I doubt that your users would appreciate having their information posted, for everyone to see, on someone else's website and that is why we are disinclined to post a "cure-all" solution/workaround for everyone. I hope what I've just posted makes sense.

There are some subject that are best discussed in private and this happens to be one of them.

I am prepared to discuss this issue with anyone who asks. In this case people should be aware that they will need to provide me with certain information relating to the account of the user who is unable to change their name or login or use Kunena at your site. If the problem is the same as described (and resolved) in Veronica's case (see msg #15 in this topic) I (or other moderators) may be able to help on a one-on-one basis. It's not that we have anything to hide in this regard, it's for your benefit and to safeguard the confidentiality of your websites that we are taking this approach.

June, tctundra and Suprdave12: please contact me by PM if you would like my help in resolving your problem.

More
12 years 11 months ago #26 by June
In my case I just looked inside of jos_users table and saw that problem-user params were filled by language and timezone settings, but the rest of users' were empty. So I just removed that params and that worked for me. But be careful, in your case the param setting may be critical.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds