Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED]You are not allowed to change your name!

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by sozzled

Diaspro wrote: I have encountered this error in this forum!

No error here. This site does not allow username changes.

Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » Security » Allow Username Changes = No

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by Diaspro

sozzled wrote:

Diaspro wrote: I have encountered this error in this forum!

No error here. This site does not allow username changes.

Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » Security » Allow Username Changes = No

I'm sorry, I probably would not have explained well. I am not english and do not speak well.

I never wanted to change my name. I wanted to write a post in support with Veronica's Account but but when I sent a discussion the forum gave me the error
name: You are not allowed to change your name

To be able to write something I had to register again.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #13 by Diaspro
I am sending you a screening with the account of veronica. when I try to send a message or replying to a post from me this error.

Try your self!
This message contains confidential information

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: hide account information

More
13 years 4 months ago #14 by sozzled
Diaspro: Thank you for your further clarification of the issues. I will try to find out the cause and solution.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled
Diaspro and pacbrother: Thank you for your report on this issue. The problem is actually caused by a Joomla defect! In Veronica's case, I believe that I have fixed the problem here at www.kunena.org . I will send a PM to pacbrother informing him of the workaround.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigalicious

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by Diaspro
Thank you for having patience. I'm Italian and I use google to write English XD

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #17 by pigalicious
I've recently just encountered exactly the same issue as Pacbrother. Using Kunena 1.6.1 also. I deleted the users account 3 times and got the member to re-register, with no luck, the same error message Name: You Are Not Allowed To Change Your Name.

Kunena Report Configuration Settings.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!
[/confidential]

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by pigalicious. Reason: spelling

More
13 years 3 months ago #18 by sozzled
I'm sorry, pigalicious, but this problem is not caused by Kunena. The problem it is caused by a Joomla defect. In your case, the problem involves one particular user account at your website. Am I correct?

As you know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Kunena uses whatever registration process is used at your website. There may be a workaround for your situation and I may be able to help if you contact me via PM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigalicious

More
13 years 3 months ago #19 by Suprdave12
I am having the same problem and also do not see the solution. Only some of my users are getting this error while others can post to the forum just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More
13 years 3 months ago #20 by sozzled
G'day, Suprdave12, and welcome to Kunena.

Only "some of your users" ... probably only one of your users, I would be willing to guess. The answer lies in knowing which user (or users) are having this problem. If you know which user (or users) are having this problem there may be a workaround.

The problem is not caused by Kunena. The problem is caused by a Joomla defect. Please read the earlier message I posted on this subject a short while ago. :)

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds