Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.6 Post-implementation problems

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by dylanphelan
One of the sh404sef moderators logged into my site, he ended up looking at the DB tables. Turns out that there were some alias's / custom urls in the database, that were not visible in the sh404 admin area.

Once the db tables were removed we managed to get the correct url (forum/).

I am however still getting the redirection error on odd pages.

Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=249) does not have Kunena Menu.

I think I am going to have to turn sh404sef off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
Thanks for the feedback/update, dylan. As I wrote earlier, some of the problems that you were having were probably not directly caused by Kunena - as you found, there were issues within the database. Whether those issues were caused by Kunena or not, I've visited your site and it looks fine to me.

From what I can see, the message "Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=249) does not have Kunena Menu" is probably a nuisance that's only seen by site administrators - normal users won't see this thing - and it will probably disappear after upgrading to K 1.6.1.

As we've also said, on more occasions than I would try to remember, people need to engage more with the developers of other Joomla extensions. If other developers are likely to fix their problems this will result in a more consistent approach to Joomla and, with a consistent usage of Joomla being adopted everywhere else, this will result in fewer problems for Kunena. It is irresponsible for anyone to not accept some responsibility for the problems the people may have. The responsibility needs to be shared, between the developers of Kunena, by third-party software developers, by the Joomla team and by you.

We're not, for one moment, dismissing the likelihood that Kunena will always be error-free and we're certainly not trying to shirk our responsibility to make it a robust, durable platform that works error-free in every case, but there are more combinations of Joomla extensions than it's possible for the resources of the Kunena development team to anticipate and handle.

I remember reading an notice in the office where I once worked that said "We've fixed every problem that came our way, we've updated all the user documentation, we've satisfied the conflicting demands of management, we've undertaken comprehensive planning that anticipates every possible contingency ... and we've made sure that, before we go home tonight, all pigs have been fed and are ready to fly."

No doubt, you can think of a few other sayings that convey a similar expression of "the impossible dream". ;)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #13 by dylanphelan
Hi

Thanks for the help with this.

I have often wished for more collaboration between component developers. For now though I am trying to rely on as few core component as possible and really just simplify everything.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds