Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question migrate agora to kunena ??

More
13 years 2 months ago #21 by snilloconator
I did not experience this. Have you tried installing the latest 1.6.2 yet?

Also be sure to back up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #22 by kathysites
I'd like to add an issue that I ran across, and its solution.

In the Agora forum, we had deleted some users who had posted in the forum.
In Agora, the username attributed to the post would revert to "Guest."

When I migrated to Kunena, all of those "Guest" posts disappeared, because there was no user id to identify them (poster_id reverted to '0')
Solution: I created a user named "Guest", looked in the database for the ID# and then ran a query:

UPDATE jos_agora_posts SET poster_id = 1424 WHERE poster_id = 'Guest';

When I migrated this time, the missing posts appeared for the user Guest.

motd1024 wrote: Hi
I'm satisfied with the result, only issue is that duplicated
first posts from topics. I deleted them manually.

I also ran into the duplicate first post issue. Is there a query that can be run to eliminate those posts, rather than deleting manually? We have over 500 threads so it would be tedious.

Thank you!

More
13 years 1 month ago #23 by Wineblue2

fxstein wrote: No problem - we just need to figure out hoe to better present these FAQs in a better more organized way. Many others can benefit from that too.

This is what I am looking for is an instruction for the migration process.

More
13 years 1 month ago #24 by Wineblue2
I have tried following this link but was not able to locate any links that take me directly to the file downloads? I think it would be helpful to new Kunena users to have these links listed somewhere to make it a bit easier for us noobies to get an install Kunena.

More
13 years 1 month ago #25 by Wineblue2
OK well I had to install K1.5.13 as there is an issue with installing 1.5.14 on Joomla 1.5.22 so once this was installed I was able to then install K1.6.3 right over the top of it. Install the KunenaConverter and run it. Agora got converted and subsequently I then UNINSTALLED it! YEA!~ bye bye JVitals you traitors! bahahaha!:P

More
12 years 11 months ago #26 by AVASA
Watch out - Agora made some major changes in Oct/Nov 2010 and more again in Mar 2011. In Oct/Nov they had to rewrite their converters to import Kuena, phpbb and others. Not sure how recent this converter is... but would be delighted to know that there is a way out of Agora.

More
12 years 11 months ago #27 by AVASA
nvm missed your thread on successful conversion - Excellent news !

More
12 years 11 months ago #28 by NickC4555

AVASA wrote: Watch out - Agora made some major changes in Oct/Nov 2010 and more again in Mar 2011. In Oct/Nov they had to rewrite their converters to import Kuena, phpbb and others. Not sure how recent this converter is... but would be delighted to know that there is a way out of Agora.

I just converted the latest version of Agora (3.0.146) to Kunena 1.5.9 using the converter. The only major problem was the duplicated first post in every topic that other people have mentioned. I got rid of those with a few sql queries, then I upgraded to Kunena 1.6.3 and all is well. A few minor glitches, but nothing too serious, and a lot better than the continuing pain of being a dev.anything-digital.com customer.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds