Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question migrate agora to kunena ??

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #11 by motd1024
Hi
I succesfully migrated from agora to Kunena 1.5.
Then updated to Kunena 1.6.
I'm satisfied with the result, only issue is that duplicated
first posts from topics. I deleted them manually.
I like the feel and better responsiveness of kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by motd1024.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by snilloconator
I successfully migrated a decent sized Agora forum yesterday using this format. TY for the info this saved me a heap load of time! :P

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #13 by snilloconator
Well after picking through things I noticed one glitch from the migration. I'm wondering if you may have experienced the same thing. The post number seems to be off in each topic... Like this post will be #13 in the forums I migrated the number seems to start of in the thousands... Any clue?

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by snilloconator.

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by fxstein
Actually that is a setting. You can display absolute or relative post numbers in a thread.

See: Kunena Config -> Frontend

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #15 by snilloconator
Please 86 my last post as I have found a fix! I had another admin find it and it was right in front of my face... Forum configuration > front end > Reply numbering inside topic > show position in topic

Sorry! Just guess I jumped the gun and thought it was a migration problem.

More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by snilloconator
Too funny I was replying as you were sending me a fix! TY and hats off to you guys. Great work!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by fxstein
No problem - we just need to figure out hoe to better present these FAQs in a better more organized way. Many others can benefit from that too.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #18 by snilloconator

fxstein wrote: No problem - we just need to figure out hoe to better present these FAQs in a better more organized way. Many others can benefit from that too.

Well there are only so many ways you can present things to us these options. Kunena is such a large component that it's going to take some time from the user to figure it out either way you slice it. My problem is that I just overlooked this particular option. However maybe for this one option leave the default "Show Position in Topic". Not sure but it seems more structured this way to me.

More
13 years 3 months ago #19 by Alder
Just think I'll add my 10 penneth to the mix here, I migrated my Agora using this method, but found that after following this method, it failed to show the posts. I found it was down to Joomla SEF I deleted all the Kunena entries in the database, and tried again, only this time turning off the Joomla SEF, once the migration was done, re-enabled SEF
Now works like a charm

More
13 years 3 months ago #20 by Cardinal
Hi There,

I've just migrated from agora to Kunena 1.5 and updated to 1.6.1 and i get the categories shown correctly.

But when clicking on a Topic I'm refered to the old agora Forum.

Did you have similar problems?

How can I fix that?

THX a lot

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds