Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=nnn) does not have Kunena Menu

More
13 years 4 months ago #81 by CoryPedersen
Replied by CoryPedersen on topic Problem with menu item
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.6.288) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Kuena on my site yesterday. I've created a menu item to the forum, however, whenever I access the forum, I get the following error message at the top of the page: * Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=158) does not have Kunena Menu.

Any idea what's going on or what I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

Cory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #82 by ipsi
Replied by ipsi on topic Problem with menu item
same problem

More
13 years 4 months ago #83 by haithun
Replied by haithun on topic Problem with menu item
Please use the search function here before asking the same again and again.

www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63...not-have-kunena-menu

@Moderator: I think that the merged topic should be fixed at forums top

More
13 years 4 months ago #84 by CoryPedersen
Replied by CoryPedersen on topic Problem with menu item

haithun wrote: Please use the search function here before asking the same again and again.

www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63...not-have-kunena-menu

@Moderator: I think that the merged topic should be fixed at forums top

I did do a search before posting. Nothing showed up in my search results. Regardless, thanks for the information.

Cory

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #85 by sozzled
G'day, CoryPedersen, and welcome to Kunena.

There are a few discussions running at the moment about problems that people are having with the Kunena menu. Searching for menu problems may give your some ideas but, as you will discover, it's a broad-ranging subject.

While I have your attention, I notice that you are still running J! 1.5 in legacy mode. In order to avoid emerging problems in the future, we strongly encourage people to disable the System - Legacy plugin. Please read important information contained in Legacy mode in the Wiki.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #86 by gray
Short notice:
I fixed the problem by chaining alias of first item (Forum) in KUNENA MENU (separate group of menus) to 'forummain' instead of 'forum' as it was.
I have another item in MAIN MENU group with has alias 'forum'.
That was causing troubles - I had 2 menu items with the same aliases.

PS. it seems that kunena menu is created by default with 'forum' alias. And 99% users would have 2nd menu item with alias 'forum'. Maybe it's better to assign different one when Kunena menu is created people not to write posts on the support forums.

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by gray.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87 by sozzled

gray wrote: PS. it seems that kunena menu is created by default with 'forum' alias. And 99% users would have 2nd menu item with alias 'forum'. Maybe it's better to assign different one when Kunena menu is created people not to right posts on the support forums.

That's a good point and it's a question that that Kunena developers are wrestling with. One idea is that the Kunena installation procedure should not automatically create any menus at all and leave the job of creating menus to the user as a post-installation step.

I don't know if "99%" is a reasonable estimate of the number of people who find themselves in this situation. Based on the number of queries we receive in these forums the figure is more likely to be less than 10%. Most sites that I've seen where Kunena has been used (and I've probably seen over a thousand in the 18 months that I've been a member of this wesbite) only have the one menu item that links to their forum.

More
13 years 4 months ago #88 by schiarla
i've this problem when I enter in Kunena.
Is it possible to put Kunena Forum in the Applications menu?:)

More
13 years 4 months ago #89 by xillibit
Hello,

look this doc : www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63...-index-recent-topics

What do you mean by putting kunena froum in Applications menu ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #90 by schiarla
working with jomsocial, i would insert in Application menu where there are My Applications, Browse application, Photos, Videos, Events, also the link with Kunena Forum... Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by schiarla.

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds