Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=nnn) does not have Kunena Menu

More
13 years 5 months ago #41 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

I installed K1.6 on my test site. It seems to be working fine. However, I'm seeing one error message at the top of my forum saying "Kunena Notice: Menu item /discussion-forum (Itemid=55) does not have Kunena Menu.". I checked the menu item and do not see anything wrong with it. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #42 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #43 by freedomcoach
Thanks, I fixed it.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 5 months ago #44 by Requiem

Matias wrote: @ Requiem:

Please enable debug mode form Kunena and look if you get any notifications/information that may help you to find the issue.

Your problem sounds like you have issues with your menu, not Kunena itself. Did you change menu item in your main menu to be Entry Page as I told in few messages back?

I tried to upgrade 1.5.3 directly to 1.6.1 and problem with the menu resolve. Before that I tried to update 1.5.3 to 1.6.0 first, and then to 1.6.1 dev. Thanks

More
13 years 5 months ago #45 by F0l2saken
I read that doc and copied the kunena menu into my main menu, and also did the same with entry page, still does this every time I edit the profile. I don't understand why kunena needs to tell me that every time, I don't want it in that menu, I'm just going to find that warning message in the code and delete it.

More
13 years 5 months ago #46 by fxstein

F0l2saken wrote: I read that doc and copied the kunena menu into my main menu, and also did the same with entry page, still does this every time I edit the profile. I don't understand why kunena needs to tell me that every time, I don't want it in that menu, I'm just going to find that warning message in the code and delete it.

The issue is that the router found an error. First - it only shows the message to an admin, no moderators or users will see it. Second, it means that something is wrong or broken in your menu setup. When you run SEF this can mean that some of your SEF URLs will be wrong. Joomla happens to use the menu for all its SEF paths.

Deleting the warning is not going to fix that for you.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #47 by burgutex

I have installed Kunena 1.6. But when I signed in it, I got some errors above forum area like this:

Kunena Notice: No menu item assigned. Redirected to /forum/index (Itemid=109).

I changed menu item of Kunena, and got this:

Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=55) does not have Kunena Menu.

How can I fix this.

Please check it:

AkhisArena

Thanks..
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by burgutex. Reason: added photo and letters

More
13 years 5 months ago #48 by sozzled

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #49 by Manos
Where can I download 1.6.1 from, please?

Matias wrote: Everyone (I hope I got you all), please check your PM.

I've used last two days trying to find all potential issues and make a simple way to fix everything I found (thank you from pointing me the issues). There's a new build in your PM, which contains only changes that are trying to put most menu issues into history (I hope). If not, I need to think again how to solve them.

Anyway, I got everything to work in my site (except menu highlight in some cases) -- also in templates and menus that do not support aliases. I'm sure that I still missed something, but its where you come into the picture. :)

When you install new daily build (Kunena 1.6.1-DEV), all notification messages should go away -- until you enable debug mode in Kunena (first tab in configuration). Debug mode will still show you messages from the potential issues, but most of them are just telling what Kunena detected and how it tried to fix the issue.

If you are still having troubles with menu, you should go to your main menu and find your forum item from it. Then change menu type to Kunena: Entry Page and point Default Menu Item to Kunena Menu >> Forum. This will act just like menu alias, except that main menu highlighting is gone (will look into it later). Some menus may get highlight back if you have excactly the same URL/alias for both items.

I'm waiting for your replies. If you still keep having these issues, please send us user/pw for temporal administrator account, so that we can check your site. If you put them into forum, please use

This message contains confidential information

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Manos.

More
13 years 5 months ago #50 by dannydekr
Sorry for my late response, installed the 1.6.1 update and did the suggested thing "Kunena: Entry Page and point Default Menu Item to Kunena Menu >> Forum". That showed a category, so I choose as default menu "index".

Now when I go to the main URL, it automaticly changes to /forum/index and the kunenamenu works fine again. I prefer to use the main URL without any redirect to /forum/index, but it isn't a big deal, so guess I am happy again :)

Time to create page: 0.825 seconds