Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=nnn) does not have Kunena Menu

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by NoMAD
@Matias
Thanks for all the info, anyway neither methods suggested have any better outcome. As you've said 'Many templates have menus that do not support all the features in Joomla -- and it seems that many menu modules have the same bugs. I didn't know that when we were implementing Kunena 1.6. Later I've implemented few ways to work around the issues, but we have not yet tested them in wide public -- and it seems that even I don't always remember them. "

I can only hope that you're gonna take a deep look not on every module, template or plugin but at least on those that are wide-spreaded like JA-Purity II. Im not sure what to do now, revert to RC3 or stay with final release and wait for a fix..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #22 by SMurflalus
Hi, J 1.5.20, Joomfish 2.04, JoomSEF 3.7.4
Upgrade K 1.5.9 -->1.6 stable ( Jeezz, why I did it ? What for ?:( )

- "Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=84) does not have Kunena Menu." - info below my the forum
- recaptcha and no other captcha I tried to install - doesn't work anymore !
- my site is multilangual ( 3 languages) - I got only 1 forum menu ( in native lang) - 2 others - I lost
(JF problem SOLVED - I had to show kunena menu in joomla control panel again )

3 not funny errors after upgrade. It's better to wait with upgradin' now - my advice.

Is it possible to make downgrade to 1.5.9 ????
Forum enable for unregistered users too is useless due to spam bots...
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by SMurflalus.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #23 by Oscarfishlover
I am afraid you are not the only one who has a problem with the forum menu. I've had a problem ever since I started testing 1.6, it seems that the stable version is no different. I upgrade the forum, the menu is missing. I followed all the procedure by removing the kumena menu and then creating it again, remembering to clear my history. However, this doesn't make any difference whatsoever, my menu is still missing from the forum. So until the developers come up with a solution to why this is happening, I'm stuck with 1.5.

www.g0vqy.co.uk/forum

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
13 years 6 months ago #24 by Requiem
I have same problem. Problem isn`t in template. I change template to default, errors same. Not any menu module is published, except Kunena menu. Use internal SEF.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25 by NoMAD
@SMurflalus:
Just install 1.5.9 and choose downgrade when new installing/upgrade panel from Kunena will ask (thats a feature that had improved a lot).

On the other hand since we've been told that this new "kunena menu" is or will be very powerfull I must also say that "power is nothing without control".

More
13 years 6 months ago #26 by SMurflalus
Thx NoMAD.
I got Kunena 15.12 again and all works ok. :-) :-)
As usually "stable" doesn't mean "well workin'", so never be in a hurry with upgradin' if it isn't necessary ( like security). I'll stay few next months with 1.5.12. it's enough for me.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27 by dannydekr
Don't know what you guys did, but I use my forum as homepage. In RC3 it worked perfect, now the Kunena menu is gone when someone uses the main-URL, and when I try to use the 'create menu' stuff to fix it, I get a 404 - no component found error when I go to my main URL..

Couldn't find out what the problem was, and I din't want to use .htaccess to route the main URL to /forum/index to show the Kunena menu, so I restored my backup and will use RC3 for a while..

Sorry, love the forum component and appericiate the hard work. But in my opionion you shouldn't do these major changes when you're already in RC3 phase..

More
13 years 6 months ago #28 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: kunena Menu problem
Both of you: check your PM and report back to me if the issue has been fixed.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #29 by Matias
Everyone (I hope I got you all), please check your PM.

I've used last two days trying to find all potential issues and make a simple way to fix everything I found (thank you from pointing me the issues). There's a new build in your PM, which contains only changes that are trying to put most menu issues into history (I hope). If not, I need to think again how to solve them.

Anyway, I got everything to work in my site (except menu highlight in some cases) -- also in templates and menus that do not support aliases. I'm sure that I still missed something, but its where you come into the picture. :)

When you install new daily build (Kunena 1.6.1-DEV), all notification messages should go away -- until you enable debug mode in Kunena (first tab in configuration). Debug mode will still show you messages from the potential issues, but most of them are just telling what Kunena detected and how it tried to fix the issue.

If you are still having troubles with menu, you should go to your main menu and find your forum item from it. Then change menu type to Kunena: Entry Page and point Default Menu Item to Kunena Menu >> Forum. This will act just like menu alias, except that main menu highlighting is gone (will look into it later). Some menus may get highlight back if you have excactly the same URL/alias for both items.

I'm waiting for your replies. If you still keep having these issues, please send us user/pw for temporal administrator account, so that we can check your site. If you put them into forum, please use
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manos, marcusfive, NoMAD

More
13 years 6 months ago #30 by Oscarfishlover
okay, followed your instructions. I hope you meant"enable debug mode" in configuration?

Anyway, this is what the forum looks like now

www.g0vqy.co.uk/forum

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds