Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important User profiles edit problem

More
13 years 6 months ago #21 by sozzled
Have you a user account at your website that we can use to test/reproduce the problem? You can use the confidential BBcode to give us that information:
Code:
[confidential]Username, password[/confidential]
Only moderators of this forum can see information wrapped in the confidential tags.

I suspect the problems that you're having are something to do with the site template that you're using. We can eliminate that as an issue if we have access to the "edit user profile" area of your site. Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #22 by KalleP
Of course! Here it is:

This message contains confidential information

More
13 years 6 months ago #23 by fxstein

KalleP wrote: Ok, here it is.

In your debug output I see over 100 queries related to jos_menu - the joomla menu. Something is wrong there (independent of Kunena) You menu structure is either HUGE or something is not correct. I have never seen a site run so many joomla menu queries.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #24 by fxstein

KalleP wrote: Of course! Here it is:

Let me check - will be right back...

More
13 years 6 months ago #25 by fxstein

fxstein wrote:

KalleP wrote: Ok, here it is.

In your debug output I see over 100 queries related to jos_menu - the joomla menu. Something is wrong there (independent of Kunena) You menu structure is either HUGE or something is not correct. I have never seen a site run so many joomla menu queries.

That accordion menu mod you are running seems to be the culprit of those countless queries. It is either configured incorrectly or its code is highly inefficient. Just FYI 100 queries just for that menu is 3 x that of Kunena 1.6 - so if for a menu you need to run so many queries - it will impact site performance quite a bit.

Can't tell you more without actually seeing the module.

Still looking into the javascript issue...

More
13 years 6 months ago #26 by KalleP
That would be another issue then because even if I turn of the menu and all other modules I have the errors and the problem with the user edit.

If you want to see my files:

This message contains confidential information

More
13 years 6 months ago #27 by fxstein
Ok found the issue:

mod_ojaccordionmenu

Not only does it seem to add 100 queries per page load, it also loads an old outdated jquery version from 2 years back and without the proper NoConflict mode declaration.

This is a great example of individual modules packaging up various versions of javascript that will collide with everything else. Exactly the reason why we decided to leverage Joomla for any such libraries.

If you where to install something like jomSocial (just an example) on your site, it too would be broken as you cannot load two different versions of the same javascript library on a single page.

I recommend you seriously look into

A. fixing mod_ojaccordionmenu
B. replacing it with something different

More
13 years 6 months ago #28 by sozzled
Thank you very much for your close co-operation in this matter, KalleP. I wish more people were like you and willing to persevere even though things must seem quite "mysterious". I am hopeful we'll get to the bottom of the problem and that your test case will help us to provide the source of improving the advice that we can give to other users who may be in your situation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #29 by daniells
I have been through this; problem with edit profile because i installed some module in joomla that makes edit profile's not working. I try to install new joomla, i installed the kunena's component as the first component to install and edit profile works properly. Then i installed others module. And all working properly.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #30 by sozzled
I think that we're on to something here. Although there shouldn't be any conflicts between jQuery and Mootools, it "needs to be done right" - that phrase isn't a practical solution, is it?

I've digging around because maybe there's something that can be added to the Wiki article I've been writing about Mootools and Kunena. FWIW, there might be some value in this item at the Joomla forum site: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=304&t=283215&start=30

The evidence strongly suggests that the accordion menu involved in this test case is related to jQuery and that there's a conflict with Joomla's Mootools 1.2.4 library. The problem can be worked around by using a different menuing system, as fxstein has suggested, or by fixing whatever is wrong with the mod_ojaccordionmenu module.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds