Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu."

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by burnedscott
Menu Item was created by burnedscott
I found the issue to what i was talking about below, all in red isnt needed i just thought I'd leave it there (unsure why)

But now, my issue is this "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu." how do I fix it, once its broke the links?

My Kunena menu item no longer works since I changed it by mistake, and now it seems that any Kunena menu item i try to make always has an extension rather than connecting straight to the forum for example all of them look like "Kunena Forum » Entrypage" rather than looking just like it used to which was "Kunena Forum".

Meaning my /forum now creates a 404 when it used to connect to the forum instead, since the forum menu item isnt being created.

is there any way for me to install the menu item again so it can just be "Kunena Forum" like it used to be?

just incase theyre needed.
Kunrna Version = 1.6
Joomla version = 1.5.9
CB = 1.2.3
(basically everything connected to the forum are the latest version)

the only options that appear on the kunena menu type are below:
Kunena Forum
  • Rules / Help
  • Entry Page
  • Recent Topics
  • Index
  • Search
  • Category
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by burnedscott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by burnedscott
I accidentaly did "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu." how do I fix it, once its broke the links?

Since I completely uninstalled the thing and reinstalled it yet it didnt work... and honestly, when it comes to databases I have got a clue what im supposed to do, but I'm guessing its database related since that would have been the only thing left.

(P.S I posted something similar in the common questions part, i realise now it was the wrong place for me to post it so could it be removed?)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by burnedscott
In the next upgrade if the "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu." issue is still not fixed by then, I reccomend hiding the button, since people like me (idiots XD) who never noticed that warning may click the button not knowing what it is, or assuming it to be certain settings, (like me) and breaking their whole forums links (like me). :P

Now... time to work out how to fix my darn forum XD, loving your work btw, excluding the above :S

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, burnedscott, and welcome to Kunena. I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing problems.

I'm unfamiliar with the message "WARNING: Currently Create Menu will break all but default menu alias/link pointing to Kunena Menu" ... I've not encountered this situation before and I'd like to know how/where/when it happens. What were you doing, or trying to do, when you got that message?

I gather, from the several posts you have made (which I've collected together in this one place) that you currently do not have a Kunena menu. Would that be a reasonable assessment of the current situation as far as you are concerned? If that is the case then we need to help you get the menu back again. But it's also important that we understand how you got into your current predicament so that others don't fall into the same trap as you did.

The new K 1.6 menu system is great, by the way, but there are a few minor teething problems that happen from time to time. Most of the time the new K 1.6 menu is automatically implemented when users install K 1.6 (or upgrade to K 1.6).

Here are a couple of discussions that might help you deal with fixing the case of the missing K 1.6 menu: I should point out that the workaround described above are not meant to be solutions that are commonplace nor are they the "definitive guide to how to run Kunena". It's a temporary fix for what we see as a temporary problem.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #5 by burnedscott
The warning is located in the doc.kunena website, and the solution to it is also there too, although I didnt realise it was until I seen it on one of the sites forum posts, which I came across about a different issue, the solution was to copy all the menu items from kunena menu, then copy them to your main menu, then remove all of the forum menu items excluding the main forum link which was copied.

It didnt work when i tried to create my own menu links both through a kunena menu item type or the alias type connected to a kunena forum, the above was the only way I had my issue solved.

(To answer your questions, the problem occurs when you click the "Create Menu" button in the kenuna control panel, this creates a new link inside your mainmenu to the forum, but it breaks the connections to the forum so even though theres a link to the forum, it just generates a 404.)

But now my problem is, the actual kenuna menu itself on the forum doesnt appear once you navigate away from one of the pages listed on the menu. such as INDEX, RECENT TOPICS, NEW TOPIC, it works for all of those types, but once i click onto a forum catergory or forum post it vanishes, this happened once the menu items broke.

And one other issue is my Boardcode

The part highlighted in red doesnt appear at all, and the emotes highlighted in blue dont appear on the message box once clicked, but this isnt related to the topic, since it happened even before my menu problems, so I'll add this to a seperate forum after this onces submitted.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by burnedscott. Reason: needed to add more

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled

burnedscott wrote: The warning is located in the doc.kunena website ...

For my benefit, and for the benefit of other users wondering where this warning appears, can you please provide the URL.

As far as the other issue (BBcode toolbar) is concerned - and it is a different issue - I have already addressed that matter in a separate topic.

You seem to have "ruined" your menu (I wish I could have found a less-blunt way of describing things) and you need to do a bit of work to repair things. It's a little tricky but the references I gave you in my earlier message contain the specific details of what you need to do.

Delete all your Kunena menus, delete every link on any menu(s) that refers to Kunena. Trash 'em; empty the trash. Then use the Kunena create menu button. If this doesn't work (even if you have to repeat the trash 'n' burn activity) there's a good chance that the problem has to do with your site template.

More
More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by burnedscott
nope basically all i did was, I was in my control panel, and I clicked that create menu button to see what it was, thinking it was some sort of configuration, and once i clicked that, my sitename.com/forum just stopped working.

I had 2 forum menu items (since it created a new one when i clicked the button) and the only way to fix it was to copy all the menu items from "Kenuna Menu" and move them to the "mainmenu" then delete all the sub-menus which works.

So now ive fixed the main problem which was my www.freaksofanime.com/forum leading to a 404.

But once you view posts or anything, the kenuna menu at the top of the forum itself dissapears, ill give you an example ( www.freaksofanime.com/forum/index ) that has the menu at the top ( www.freaksofanime.com/forum/games ) doesnt have a forum menu. All this trouble just because of me not knowing what that button does.

The reason the menu on the forum itself dissapeared was because I deleted all the subcatergories, when they were deleted the forum menu was also deleted, i would have kept them if my joomla template menu allowed the submenus to appear in a dropdown box or something when i hover over forum, but instead they all become a new item on the menu making my template mess up from too many menu items on the top menu.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
Aside from the Kunena template you're using (that I have no familiarity with) - you may need to discuss those issues with the people who designed that template - and the obvious consequence that when you deleted all categories you are basically left with a functionless forum, I decided to play with the scenario you described.

I used my own K 1.6 test site and I clicked the Create Menu Item - "just to see what it did" - and there was no consequence. So I did it again, just to make doubly sure and, nothing ... no extra menus were created and my website was unaffected. Undeterred, I pressed the button 10 more times ... but there was not change. There was no "extra" menu or menu items created.

burnedscott wrote:

I had 2 forum menu items (since it created a new one when i clicked the button) and the only way to fix it was to copy all the menu items from "Kenuna Menu" and move them to the "mainmenu" then delete all the sub-menus which works.

Well, actually, that doesn't work as you can see from the results of your website. As we have been trying to say - and I'll repeat it one more time - if you have Kunena menu problems you need to remove the old menu items that are causing those problems; you need to remove those old items permanently and then use the Kunena Create Menu button.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds