Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Database problem with mysql instead of mysqli

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #11 by Cerberus

jstraten wrote: Hi xillibit,

This page isn't really running too many components either. Could it be a JoomSEF problem? I am using the Kunena plugin for that one.

That is more than likely the problem as i doubt that plugin is for k1.6 have you got a copy of it i can look at and see if that really is the issue??
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Cerberus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by Matias
It must be the SEF plugin. We have changed how Kunena SEF works, so no SEF plugin will work, either.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #13 by jstraten
Ok. I can now confirm that it is the JoomSEF plugin.

Here are my findings:

1. Using mysqli
The Kunena JoomSEF extension can be activated and works fine replacing the URLs as expected.

2. Using mysql
The Kunena JoomSEF extension has to be disabled or switched to JoomSEF basic rewriting. As a result the web page does not use user friendly URLs for the Kunena forum.

I will wait for the final release before I post something on the JoomSEF forum. Hopefully, they already have an extension update in the works.

Looking at the test results above I do wonder though why it would work without problems using mysqli. I mean I am not a Joomla developer, but from a logical point of view this doesn't make much sense. Maybe someone could have a look who is more knowledgeable?

UPDATE:
After some more testing I found that I can't open articles with the Kunena JoomSEF extension being activated using mysqli. However, it works just fine when it is switched to basic rewrite. It also appears that this keeps the nicer URLs. These results are puzzling!

Thanks,
Jens
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jstraten.

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by alel
Hi,

I also got my 'No valid database' error. Does it impose any threat to my site cause my table name can be viewed publically.

I encountered the problem after installing JoomFish.. Now I have to uninstall JoomFish until the release of next Kunena. After uninstallation, there's no more error.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #15 by Cerberus
@original poster

joomSEF updated plugin availible from the KED

alel wrote: Hi,

I also got my 'No valid database' error. Does it impose any threat to my site cause my table name can be viewed publically.

I encountered the problem after installing JoomFish.. Now I have to uninstall JoomFish until the release of next Kunena. After uninstallation, there's no more error.

joomfish plugin for kunena will not work for k1.6 without modification as database schema has changed
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 6 months ago #16 by alel

joomfish plugin for kunena will not work for k1.6 without modification as database schema has changed

Thanks for your reply Cerberus.

What is your advice regarding this issues? Should I go to Joomfish support forum to look for more detail or asking in detail in Kunena forum?

More
13 years 6 months ago #17 by Matias
I believe that we have new version of JoomFish content elements in KED.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds