Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] Fakepath error with attachments

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #21 by Matias
If you're not happy with Kunena, please be free to use something else that fits into your use better than our software -- or start helping us by proposing how to fix the issue.

Fakepath is added by IE and it's not really a bug -- just rather annoying security feature in IE that we need to work around somehow (most of the other browsers will just return filename when asked).

Actually I've been lately been putting a lot of my time in order to implement new file uploader that fixes a few issues we had in K1.6/1.7 (well, we tried to do that during K1.6 development but we had to drop it because we didn't get it to work back then). I hope that it will be ready in time.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #22 by mrangelo
ehh, NOTE: I have a MacBook Pro and i have this issue with Safari and Firefox, how do you say is a IE issue?

More
12 years 4 months ago #23 by Matias
Good point. For some reason I've never seen this issue by myself -- had to check it..

In Linux I'm not seeing C:\Fakepath\ in any browser I just tested
In my older MacBook I'm not seeing it either
In my new MacBook Pro with the same browsers (Chrome/FF/Safari) you can see it..

So this must be implemented as a security feature in the new operating system release, which I didn't have installed in my older laptop.

This is interesting as I see no point of adding C:\Fakepath in MacBooks, which do not have logical disk drives.

With this information I can agree that we should fix this issue, even if it's not really a bug. The reason why to get rid of it is that it can really confuse people. I was hoping that we could have released K1.7.1 this week, but.. I think we could delay the release because of this.

More
12 years 4 months ago #24 by mrangelo
some things that i found:

1-The issue occur in Mac also
2- Not occur in 3 more components that i have when the users need to submit images
3- When i try to submit a image in the topic i "click" "Add File Button" and choose the image AUTOMATICALLY the word "Fakepath" appear in the path box, if i "click" "Insert" in the topic appear: [attachment:1]C:\fakepath\21.gif[/attachment] but i learn that if i change the the word "Fakepath" for the real path (C:\mycomputername\desktop) and click "submit" works and the image is displayed in the topic.

the issue is that my users don't know how to do this :-(

More
12 years 4 months ago #25 by Matias
Even if you insert files into the message without changing anything, fakepath is ignored and corrected by Kunena. Filename is just not used, so you can write anything you like into it. The only thing Kunena needs is [attachment:1], which tells which file you want to put into the placeholder.

More
12 years 4 months ago #26 by Matias
Ok, this one has been fixed for K1.7.1

More
12 years 4 months ago #27 by mrangelo
the 1.7.1 is not ready for download right?

More
12 years 4 months ago #28 by xillibit
Kunena 1.7.1 isn't released yet

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 10 months ago #29 by lepermessiah
I don' want to create a new topic for this, because I see similarity in it..
here is my problem:
I'm using 1.7.2 on J1.5 and pictures are restricted to 1280x1024. If user wants to upload bigger image, it ends up with C:\fakepath .. is there any solution for this?
Thank you very much

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds