Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] Fakepath error with attachments

More
13 years 1 week ago #11 by ktruhan
NO, this is NOT an acceptable solution.
One cannot expect senior citizens to understand file management and folder creation enough, let alone the concept of "fakepath" - that would throw them into a tizy! This is my site's audience, and the fakepath error is a known issue Kunena needs to resolve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 12 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
Actually, to be totally accurate, C:\fakepath is a known issue that Microsoft needs to resolve as the issue only affects users of Internet Explorer 8: See au.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ans_qp_1&p...rch&submit-go=Search

As fxstein wrote earlier in this topic:

Other than the display of fakepath, what is he real issue? Are you saying uploads are not working? Can you attach a file in IE8 and upload it when you hit submit?

The best advice that we can offer is to ensure that you site meets the technical requirements in all respects.

This is not so much a Kunena issue as it is a matter of proper and full attention to website management.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by rolandd
This is the newest topic I could find on fakepath. A user reported it today on my own forum but it also happens here on the Kunena forum when I try to add an attachment using Chrome 11. Does this mean Kunena is not paying full attention to website management? ;) All joking aside, there must be something that can be done to fix this?

More
12 years 8 months ago #14 by mrangelo
i have "Fakepath" issues using IExplore, Chrome, Safari and Firefox!!!! DEFINITIVELY IS A KUNENA ISSUE!!!!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled
At the time when I wrote my reply, four months ago, the only information that I found when I used Yahoo! search related to Internet Explorer 8. If you search for "fakepath" today, using Google, you will find different results.

The situation arises when trying to retrieve the "value" from a file input box using Javascript. The HTML5 specification states that the browser’s implementation of a file upload control should not reveal the true path to the file via its "value" attribute. Internet Explorer, as always, does this differently than other browsers by including "fakepath" rather than just removed the local path in its entirety.

It's possible that this "fakepath" manifestation occurs in other browsers (e.g. Opera, Google Chrome or Firefox) - although I have never seen myself - but the underlying reason is still the same. The "fakepath" behaviour is caused by your browser. This behaviour in IE8 can be overridden by added the site to the list of trusted sites within IE 8 Internet Options window. I’d personally only recommend this if the system is a secure internal and/or Intranet web-based system which requires the use of the full path.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #16 by vyongjay
I don't see the problem in here, but i got the same problem with others. I'll try some other ways on my site :dry:

[Resolved] : Well, I just tried another way as spoken. The problem seems to be the folder permission issue, not browser or kunena. If you are using a linux box or unix-like os, you need to grant the folder permission for /[joomla]/media/kunena/.. For windows server, i didn't see any problem.

For linux, Try chmod 777 to all folders inside (for testing only) and try uploading again.

Hope this help :)

Vee, Thailand
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by vyongjay.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #17 by allos
anyone find a solution ?

-here the attachment works ...
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by allos.

More
12 years 4 months ago #18 by mrangelo

More
12 years 4 months ago #19 by allos
so the only solution is to find a new forum component for joomla ?

More
12 years 4 months ago #20 by mrangelo
ehh, yes, find another component because is looks like the developers not intend to fix this

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds