Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Solved:] Name field missing - how to write anonymously or change name on posts?

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by Admata

Mortti wrote: I reproduce Admata settings one of my test site (Public Read/Write - Yes,Registered Users Only - No,Allow Nickname on Posts - Yes and also enabled anonymous posting in one test category).

A picture tells, which might cause confusion for the users when they are not logged in the forum (two different ways) if someone use this kind of settings anyway :)

Thx Mortti. I understood the word anonymous a bit different than what it is in Kunena. I mixed the meaning simply to write without logging in, to write as a guest. Anonymous posting in Kunena leaves no marks, no ip-addresses even to forum administrator. (This thing have been asked in this forum.) Actually I donĀ“t really want to allow that in my forum :blush:

Seems to me that you cannot write and reply as a guest by using normal buttons in Kunena 1.6 RC1 - at least not without a some kind of a hack? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #12 by Admata

Admata wrote: Seems to me that you cannot write and reply as a guest by using normal buttons in Kunena 1.6 RC1 - at least not without a some kind of a hack? :dry:

Solved this by editing form.php in template/default/editor folder.

Line 65:
Code:
<tr class="krow<?php echo 1 + $this->k^=1 ?>" id="kanynomous_check_name" <?php if (!$this->allow_anonymous && $this->catid != 0 || !$this->cat_default_allow ): ?>style="display:none;"<?php endif; ?>>

Changed it back to way it was in Kunena 1.6 Beeta 2:
Code:
<tr class="krow<?php echo 1 + $this->k^=1 ?>">
Result: Name field is back on line like before and posting as a guest works again :woohoo:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Admata.

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by Matias
Kiitos korjauksesta. -- Thank you for your fix.

You've found the bug, but unfortunately reverting code back to what it was is not quite the feature we wanted to have. The original code is missing a check for guest, which makes it to fail.

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by Matias

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds