Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot delete post

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #11 by Susmaryono
Replied by Susmaryono on topic Re: Cannot delete post
Ok Sozzled, I put it again, I thought it said confidential, so I just took it off.

I don't know about the Kunena Discuss 2.0 beta. I will try to ask the client, if he remembers where he download from.

So, I will have to upgrade kunena to 1.7.2, remove Kunena Discuss 2.0 beta, and upgrade joomsocial to version 2.x. Right?

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Susmaryono.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Susmaryono
Replied by Susmaryono on topic Re: Cannot delete post
Sozzeld, I found this description on the plugins.

Kunena Discuss

Highly inspired/based on Kunena Discussbot (C) 2000-2006 Two Shoes M-Factory, (C) 2007-2008 ObjectClarity.com!

Rewritten in nearly at all places; to support more features in new Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.5.4

Requirements: Kunena 1.5.4

Highlights:

captcha
MyBlog integration
Joomla 1.5 design, language files
Links to profiles (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
Links to avatars (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
SEF urls
Languages: en, cs, de, gr, gb, es, fi, fr, it, lv (by murmins), nl, ru, sk (by me), sr (by kmilos), sv
Simple upgrade, just install over, it just works
Kunena Discussbot enables your site visitors to discuss your content articles in designated forums.

Remember to enable the Discussbot in your Kunena config. This is easily done on the integration tab in Kunena configuration! Also, note that a "cheat-sheet" for the discussbot is available from the same tab!

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #13 by sozzled
Thank you for clearing up that mystery about "Kunena Discuss beta 2.0"; I had forgotten that someone, once upon a time, created a product called "Kunena Discuss" That particular software was not, in fact, software designed, developed, supported, maintained or endorsed by the Kunena project team; it was never maintained properly by anyone and it caused more trouble than it was worth; that software was developed by one person for an older version of Kunena; that software did not work properly with the older version of Kunena and it definitely does not work with K 1.7.2!

The main problem associated with the "Kunena Discuss beta 2.0" product was its title: people thought that, because it was called "Kunena Discuss" that it would work with Kunena. Worse than that, people may now think that if they can find something called "Kunena Discuss beta 2.0" that it will work with Kunena Version 2.0 (which has not yet been released). So, you can see the confusion and you can appreciate our concern if people pick up any piece of software, install it, and expect the Kunena project team to deal with the resulting problems.

Thank you again for your questions and for the information you've provided us. I hope that this helps other people who may be tempted in thinking that they can use software that's not suited to be used with other software and to carefully plan how they build their websites.

I see that you partially restored your configuration report but that you removed vital information - information that can only be seen by you and by the forum moderators here - about your site. Please read about what the
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds