Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Multiple Errors / Warnings - 126 - Incorrect key file for table, 145 - Table is marked as crashed and should be repaired... (cont.'d)

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Xae
Hey there folks -

I'm coming to you all before I start poking and toying with things myself and potentially make the issue(s) worse. I did a few brief forum searches and didn't seem to find anything directly related unless I was looking wrong, and that may be the case.

Background : I am new to Joomla and Kurena and have had this build of the site up for ~1.5-2 months. This is the first sign of a problem from it. It started Thursday morning and I was presented with an error :

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 126 - Incorrect key file for table './ga_joomla/vg8fq_kunena_whoisonline.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=DELETE FROM vg8fq_kunena_whoisonline WHERE time < '1330639111'

It is a fairly light use forum and there weren't even any registries or posts made on that day. I figured it wasn't effecting the functionality, so I would leave it alone until I could get around to fixing it over the weekend. Well, today as I get home to do just that I am greeted with a new set of them... first this error (in addition to the first one) :

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 145 - Table './gadogo_joomla/vg8fq_kunena_whoisonline' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM vg8fq_kunena_whoisonline WHERE userip='my IP address' AND userid='42'

Followed by :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ga/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.pathway.class.php on line 73

I haven't changed anything since I saw the first warnings and there may have been 2 posts made maximum, no registrations if it makes any difference.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Including my configuration file.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check:

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 168M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : wow_guilds | author: Tolrem | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 13 dec 2011

Kunena default template details : WoW Guilds for Kunena | author: Tolrem | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 22 dec 2011

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Xae, welcome to Kunena and thank you for your questions. :)

I suggest, before we deal with issues that may be caused by using outdated versions of Kunena and its add-ons, that you upgrade to K 1.7.2 and, likewise, Kunena Latest and Kunena Login modules. The next approach is to establish that the WoW Guilds for Kunena template that you've chosen also does not contribute to these issues and, in that respect, please try the Blue Eagle template.

Further, you might like to use phpMyAdmin to attempt to repair your "crashed" database tables.

If these things do not resolve your problem, can you please leave things in this "default" form (after applying the upgrade/changes I have recommended) and to post your revised configuration report here so that we can see what might be involved in resolving the problem. Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xae

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Xae
Thanks for the quick reply.

Did my back up and started the upgrade process. However, it appears my upgrade is hung up.

Got it uploaded (via the Joomla Extension upload), selected upgrade and now it's doing it's thing - I have a page that says "Installer is Running... Please Wait!" on the top, a step by step rundown on the left hand side and and a button that says "Next ->" on the far right. Pressing that does nothing, I would expect to need to push it to keep things moving, am I wrong? It's been there for about 45m - normal or no? I, again, didn't find any information on this directly on the forums. (Looked before I asked.)

Thanks again.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Sounds to me like you have an issue with your Joomla database. I suggest you attempt to repair the tables with phpMyAdmin or restore your site to the previous known good backup. Depending on the extent of the damage (and your ability to repair) you may have to uninistall Kunena, drop the existing Kunena tables, and re-install. This could mean that you will have lost your forum and any posts in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xae

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by Xae
Well, I guess I should have gone with my first instinct.

I was able to go in, do a full database restore and everything snapped back into place... now, after the dust settles, I'll try and do another back up and upgrade next weekend... and now I know what to do if this happens again next time.

Thanks again for all your help, Snozzled; it is definitely appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds