Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot Upload FIle attachment, or image.

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by EddieD
I still don't have any resolve on the matter.
I have changed permissions, disabled CB plugins and all of the other things.

Really too bad, because I have used Kunena on other websites and just love it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled

EddieD wrote: ... I have used Kunena on other websites ...

Now we're beginning to make some real progress.

For us to see what's happening, I tried to look at the website in question. The URL contained in the configuration report is the URL of the domain, not the URL of the site - this is a limitation of the configuration report generator (I would love to see the issue fixed with a future version of Kunena).

Let me explain our problem. The Kunena configuration report generator works fine with websites that are like this: http://<domain-name>; however, the report generator does not handle websites like http://<domain-name>/folder-name in the same way. For exampke, if your site is at www.example.com/mywebsite then the report generator will only find the " www.example.com " part.

So, that's our first problem. We don't know where your site is located. It's in a folder under your domain somewhere.

The next thing to look at is the way you've enabled SEO. You have one of the Joomla SEO settings enabled, but not the other one, and it's also possible that the .htaccess file re-routes HTTP requests in a way that's not consistent with using Joomla in a sub-folder of a domain. We've seen this condition in the past and problems like these usually disappear when the site is established not as a sub-folder of the domain but, instead, in it's own sub-domain.

(1) Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

(2) Consider transforming your site from http://<domain-name>/folder-name to http://sub-domain=name.<domain-name>

(3) Consider using one of the templates you've used in your other installations of Kunena instead of the template you are using here.

(4) What are the key differences between your working Kunena installations and the problem site? Work towards eliminating those differences.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by EddieD
I re-ran my config report.
For some reason my web domain now shows rather than the hosting company.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : jp_travel | author: Joomlaplates.com | version: 1.6.001 - 13.01.2011 | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

I have noticed some talk about Mootools. Does this need to be changed to 'enabled'? I looked around in 1.7 and there is no Mootools plugin whatsoever.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by EddieD
The problem is with my main template from Joomlaplates.
I temporarily changed to the 'default Joomla' template (Beez) and it works fine.

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by CheechDogg
I have refrained from upgrading to both joomla and kunena 1.7 because of all the bugs still being reported by many on both the joomla and kunena forums.

I will probably wait a couple or few more months to see how these bugs are being addressed before I decide to upgrade. My site right now is working just fine and I have no bugs what so ever.

It sucks that something in a template could screw up something like uploading an image or attachment.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by EddieD
You can assign a default template to just the Kunena Forum component, and still keep your main template for your website...

More
12 years 2 months ago #17 by CheechDogg
Yeah I was aware of that EddieD thanks...so how are things working out for you now?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #18 by EddieD
Works like a charm now. Just that stupid template issue.
I really like Joomla 1.7 as a whole.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by EddieD.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
I'm pleased to see that your forum now works, EddieD, but I have not archived this topic for the following reason: your last-posted Kunena config. report shows that you are using the Example template. The Example template is not a template. It is shipped with Kunena as a "template" for template developers to create their own templates from but it is not a fully-working template for Kunena. To use the Example template properly you need to read How to create a template for Kunena and you really need to know what you are doing.

As long as you are comfortable with the knowledge that the Example template requires you to make significant effort to make it work properly, that's OK and we can comfortably archive this topic. However, the key point we're trying to make in this topic (for the benefit of other people who read it later) is for people to use the Kunena Blue Eagle template.

Thanks for the warnings about the flaky Joomlaplates template. That's another one for the case files of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #20 by EddieD
I switched it to the Blue Eagle template as I was unaware of the developer's template.
Everything is fine.

Go ahead and archive if you like.
thanks
Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds