Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Could not instantiate mail function

More
12 years 5 months ago #11 by jfabitz
Kunena Developer - I am running this on a GoDaddy shared server with SMTP settings per their instructions. Joomla! SMTP email settings

Because it is a relay-hosting server used exclusively for their shared hosting accounts, it does not require a username or password. I don't like using the relay-hosting.secureserver.net server that they provide because email is not sent immediately. The "shared" emails are sent out as a batch every xx minutes.

Back in August when I first transfered to GoDaddy, and realized this "problem" - after a long hard search online I came across a forum thread discussing GoDaddy and Joomla and someone said they were able to use an SMTP server used by GoDaddy accounts being run on a dedicated server - and that address worked until a few days ago. (They found me out?)

So I first went back to the relay-hosting server (which is frustrating for new users waiting for a confirmation email) - so today went back to "PHP Mail" - which is what shows in the Joomla "Mailer" selection and is now sending instantaneous emails. The fields are shown in th ereport beacus ethey asre remaining from when I had the setting set to SMTP. If I switch the "Mailer" selection from "PHP Mail" back to SMTP it will also work just fine (yes without a username or password) for sending mass emails via Joomla.

Believe me I was confused about the blank username and password too. If you put your master GoDaddy email username and password in there (and don't leave it blank) - it won't work. But yet, that is what I had to use to connect to the old (non-supported) SMTP server for dedicated server accounts that stopped working on me.

I'll try a few things like emptying those fields - and let you know if I have any luck getting mail to be sent via Kunena. But it shouldn't matter - just like it doesn't matter that I have an ftp server and login info in the Joomla FTP option while it is disabled.(That won't work under a GoDaddy shared hosting account either). Like I say - it's just strange that it works in Joomla and not from Kunena - I thought you guys might shed some light on why. I can't be the only Kunena user out there running this configuration on a Godaddy shared server account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds