Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Profil-save error without adding a signatur

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
Curious. I just tried to edit and save my profile on a K 1.7 website - Blue Eagle template, obviously - without entering a signature and it worked fine for me without having to make any changes. Therefore this is a little puzzling.

The required keyword (that appears in the TEXTAREA class definition) still points to the cause of the problem being a Javascript issue. Anyway, the issue does not seem to be a pervasive one affecting the whole Kunena community. Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Good work on diagnosing and fixing your problem. Others may be interested in learning from your discovery. :)
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewst

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12 by andrewst
I found the javascript conflict - I am also running the 'Contact Enhanced' extension on the same page, which loads its own javascript with behaviours for class 'required' so I think it is stopping the kunena form from validating if the signature box is empty. Seeing as signature probably shouldn't be required I guess it would probably make sense to just remove this from the kunena template source anyway? Maybe if other people are having same problem they are running a module like Contact Enhanced on the page or some other module with a form in it which has fields with class 'required', and their own javascript?

Cheers

More
9 years 10 months ago #13 by kina
I am running no plugins.

Need to add a signature to be saved.

So not a conflict. It's a definite K bug.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds