Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Not Receiving Email Notifications

More
11 years 10 months ago #51 by Matias
I agree with @sozzled, it would really be great if everyone tried their test sites with Kunena 2.0 rather now than after the stable release as now you can get the fix in days -- rather than waiting a month or two.

Kunena 2.0 RC2 seems to be fairly stable in our test sites, but we all know that there are bugs we haven't been able to trigger. We just haven't tried Kunena in every possible environment out there. And for that we need people to test it and report back to us from their findings (even if everything is OK).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #52 by freedomcoach
Matias:

How close would you estimate we are now to the official release?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #53 by sozzled
I can answer for Matias (because every time he is asked to answer this question on the forum, it's 5 minutes less time that he has to finishing the product). We are now in the final stages of testing K 2.0 stable. The answer to your question is the same as I gave last time you asked your question: "very soon".

We wanted to leave K 2.0.0 RC2 for two weeks to allow people time to give it the best possible exercise. When K 2.0 public is released there will, no doubt, be a few teething problems. The first expected maintenance release (which will probably be called K 2.0.1) that fixes problems/defects in K 2.0.0 will probably occur about a month after the initial product release date. This month's time will be needed to work on other matters including the migration of the site to J! 2.5 and the creation of other facilities to assist the project.

Therefore, if you would like to examine K 2.0 as a contender for resolving your email notifications issues, now is the time to do that. If you find that K 2.0.0 does not address your needs then you may be waiting a little longer while we deal with the initial onslaught of questions that will inevitably arise and consume most of our time.

It's a quiet time for us now so I suggest you use this opportunity to the fullest.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #54 by freedomcoach
After further consideration, I've decided to wait for the official release of 2.0.

Sincerely,
Howard
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by freedomcoach.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds