Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Not Receiving Email Notifications

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #41 by sozzled

freedomcoach wrote: Then in checking the above comcast address, I now see 2 email notifications of my test post.

One of these is because you are a moderator and your Kunena configuration settings are "please send me a notification of any new message posted anywhere on the forum, because I am a moderator". The other email is because you are subscribed to the topic and your personal account settings are "please send me a notification of any new message posted in this topic/category to which I am subscribed".

Isn't this why you are getting two different email notifications? Or are they both the same? I'm confused; we seem to be going around in circles.

As I mentioned earlier in this topic, in a busy forum like here at www.kunena.org , with many moderators, we do not have the Kunena configuration settings so that moderators receive notifications of any new messages posted anywhere on the forum. In fact, I, myself (as a forum moderator), rarely use email notifications because I'm always checking the forum activity, anyway. But my preferences are not the same as yours, Howard, or your users.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #42 by Matias
Easiest thing you can do is to send email you receive to Sozzled, who can ask me to check who gets the email (using CC setting). I know for sure that email subscriptions are working in Kunena 2.0, but there might be some bug in K1.7.2 that's preventing emails from being sent in some cases.

Kunena 2.0 is scheduled to be out in ~2 weeks, so there's not going to be bugfix release of K1.7 anymore. If you have test site or clone from your real site, we can test if K2.0.0 RC1 fixes the issues.

More
11 years 9 months ago #43 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

Where can I turn off moderators receiving postings? I'm very much looking forward to upgrading to Kunena 2.0 when it is released. Is a projected changelog available?

Sincerely,
Howard

More
11 years 9 months ago #44 by sozzled
I think the question "Where can you turn off moderators receiving postings" is a little off-topic and slightly unrelated to this growing discussion about why you were (are) not receiving emails in the first place. The ultimate question - the burning question - is "Are you now receiving emails (and can this topic be closed)?"

To answer your question: Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » E-mail Moderators = No

*** Completely off-topic ***

freedomcoach wrote:

I'm very much looking forward to upgrading to Kunena 2.0 when it is released. Is a projected changelog available?

See Kunena 2.0.0 RC1 Read Me or follow the project's progress on GitHub: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/commits/master

More
11 years 9 months ago #45 by freedomcoach
I am receiving email notifications on posts but ONLY when including my email address (same as website email address) in the Visible Email Recipient field. Every other method of getting notification emails has failed.

When doing this, I am still receiving 2 identical notification emails for each post and when a different email address was used in this field, this email address would also receive 2 notification emails. I remain unclear how to find other back end settings that are causing the duplicate emails sent to me. I made sure that moderators are NOT receiving extra emails.

Leaving Visible Email Recipient blank has resulted in NO notification emails being sent to anyone. I've set every other Kunena configuration option to the default setting as far as I'm able.

Sozzled, I continue to get the impression that you are annoyed and frustrated with me and you'd prefer me to go away or stop posting. Yet, I do not know what else to do except be honest about my experience. I'd gladly hire a Joomla expert to help me resolve these issues if I knew who would be a good person and charge a reasonable fee.

If you need to close this topic, Just tell me where to resume my postings and I will do that.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #46 by sozzled
I'm not annoyed with anyone but I'm feeling the same frustration that you are that this problem you're having has not been fixed. In that sense, I'm sympathetic but I don't know what I can do to assist.

This issue is mystifying and baffling to all of us.

Would it be possible to create a "clone" of your site, install K 2.0 RC, just to see if this overcomes that particular problem? We're just about to release K 2.0.0 RC2 (the same version of Kunena that we're currently using on this site - actually, that's not entirely true: the version we're releasing is more improved than the one we're using on this site - we just haven't got around to installing it here, yet). How does this approach sound to you?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

I'm more inclined to wait for the official release of K2.0 if it is going to be pretty soon. Since my users seem to be receiving email notifications, there is less urgency now and the duplicate emails to me are a minor annoyance.

This is easier than creating a clone of my site. If you and Matias feels that RC2 is quite stable, I may consider installing it if the official release is going to be a few weeks off.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
11 years 9 months ago #48 by sozzled

freedomcoach wrote: This is easier than creating a clone of my site.

I takes me about 1-1½ hours to clone a site. You should always have a test/sandbox site, anyway, especially to test new versions of software. FYI, Just so that you are aware of this, K 1.7.2 -> K 2.0.0 is a single-way upgrade; there isn't a downgrade path from K 2.0.0 -> K 1.7.2.

More
11 years 9 months ago #49 by freedomcoach
This is exactly why I want to wait for the official release of 2.0 since I feel it will reduce the chances of introducing any additional problems with the new version.

I've had a sandbox site in the past but not at the present. I use Akeeba backup so if absolutely necessary, I could decompress a jpa archive in a subdirectory but for now I'll wait for the 2.0 release. What is the best time estimate for it?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #50 by sozzled
*** Off topic ***

It would be better to have discussions about K 2.0 in a different topic from this one. Seeing as you want to rigorously pursue a discussion about the schedule for K 2.0 and what you can/might/must do when K 2.0 "happens" I suppose we can indulge this for a while longer.

If you have a sandbox/test site now then, when the K 2.0.0 stable version is released it should only take you a hour to verify that everything is all right. We estimate that K 2.0.0 will be released (barring major mishaps, etc.) very soon - two weeks - after K 2.0.0. RC2. Even with the cautionary advice that we always issue to people who use RC versions, we do not anticipate introducing any changes between the RC version and the final public release; that's not say that further changes will not be introduced, of course.

Therefore, to "cut to the chase", a test/sandbox site is always necessary to have on hand. It usually takes about one hour to build one.

You should not build a test site by simply decompressing a .JPA file into a folder (or a sub-folder of your current domain) because a test site needs to have its own database. You need to keep the test database quarantined from your production. If your test site shares the same database as your production site, changes on your test site could seriously compromise your business-as-usual operations. The database for K 2.0 is structurally different to the database to K 1.7; the upgrade process makes structural alterations to an existing K 1.7 database. Please read through the release notes for K 2.0.

We recommend that people not wait for K 2.0.0 stable to "happen" but that they download and install a release candidate or beta version of K 2.0.0 on a test site in order to evaluate (a) the upgrade process, (b) the overall reliability, and (c) the differences between K 1.7 and K 2.0. The sooner that people expose themselves to any potential issues, and the more experience that people gain, there will be a lower chance of people reporting problems on the day when K 2.0 stable happens.

*** On topic ***

What we - all of us - need to know is whether or not your current email problem is fixed with K 2.0. The sooner that we find out that information, the better for everyone.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds