Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Incorrect data type for access fields

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Captain Paralytic
We just discovered that Kunena cannot handle Category access control for Joomla Group IDs greater than 127. The datatypes you have for the fields:

pub_access
pub_recurse
admin_access
admin_recurse

are tinyint. I'm not sure what the _recurse fields are for, but the 2 _access ones should be int in order to match the id field in the Joomla _usergroups table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Captain Paralytic, and thank you for your question.

I have moved this topic to our Support category and I would like to ask our development team to investigate these matters that you have brought to our attention.

To help us better understand the problem, could you please post your K 1.7 configuration report, together with an image (or images) that help to explain what you are trying to do and where you are trying to do these things. These, together with what you have already posted, would be a big help to us (and to the rest of the community who may find themselves in your shoes one day).

Thank you.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Mortti
Hi "Captain Paralytic"... are sure that you have done groups for those (in J! 1.7-2.5)?

Interesting "issue", because it works for basically from kunena and joomla from 1.5 for me even do uninstallation and try... no issues? In 2.5.2 no issues--- 1.7.5 version I have not tested yet...

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Captain Paralytic
Well it's difficult to give an image of what I am trying to do. I will try to explain further.

When one sets up User Groups in Joomla (administrator/index.php?option=com_users&view=groups), Joomla holds these in a table called #__usergroups.

Along with all Joomla assets, the primary key for this table is defined as data type INT.

In the Kunena Category Manager (administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&task=showAdministration). one is able to set the "Public Access Level" and the "Admin Access Level" of Kunena Categories.

You store the primary key of the User Group in the fields pub_access and admin_access of the table #__kunena_categories.

You have defined these fields as TINYINT. So they can only hold values up to 127. Since the primary key of the #__usergroups table can hold values up to 2147483647, this causes problems once the value of a primary key of a User Group is higher than 127, because it cannot fit in the field that you have supplied for it.

I don't think the configuration report will help you here. If you check: com_kunena_v1.7.2_b5215_2012-01-31\install\install.xml, you will see that you are still defining these fields as TINYINT which does not match the Joomla primary key type of INT.

If you change these definitions to INT, the problem will be cured.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Captain Paralytic

Mortti wrote: Hi "Captain Paralytic"... are sure that you have done groups for those (in J! 1.7-2.5)?

Interesting "issue", because it works for basically from kunena and joomla from 1.5 for me even do uninstallation and try... no issues? In 2.5.2 no issues--- 1.7.5 version I have not tested yet...

Hi Mortti. I have no idea what you mean by "are sure that you have done groups for those (in J! 1.7-2.5)"

Also I am not sure that you understand the issue because you mention Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.5 did not have User Groups.

What I am totally sure of is that you cannot fit the full range of values of an INT field in a TINYINT field. So if you try to assign a Kunena Category to have an Access Level of a Joomla User Group whose id (Primary Key) value is greater than 127, it will not work. If you have "no issues" then you are not doing this.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
I discussed this issue with the developers who agree that the data type of TINYINT should be changed to INT in the future. This was a legacy from earlier versions of Kunena that used J! 1.5 (even if it does not apply to J! 1.5 systems) and it should have been changed. It will be changed for K 2.0.

If this is a problem for you, you may try changing the column in the affected table(s) from TINYINT to INT.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Captain Paralytic

sozzled wrote: If this is a problem for you, you may try changing the column in the affected table(s) from TINYINT to INT.

Err, I already HAD fixed it. I posted here as a courtesy to let you know the problem so that you could fix it in future versions!

More
12 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled

More
12 years 1 week ago #9 by Captain Paralytic
You're welcome. Glad to do anything I can to support such a wonderful tool.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds