Kunena 5.2.10.1 released (29 Sep 2022)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.10.1 [K 5.2.10.1] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.10.x This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.9

× Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Unable to upload images >50KB

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #11 by mindriot
For a start I think you need to check your max execution time and related php.ini timeout settings, you may or may not be allowed to change these, it depends what apache php handler is set and what your host allows you to do. Its not just the file sizes or memory sizes or server dependencies for joomla and its components, its also time limits for uploads and execution times that can have these effects on uploads.

I know this link is for the jomsocial config but the settings are pertinent, look at the "Large photo/upload" section (ok some of the suggested settings there are extreme but use common sense for your required values) :

www.jomsocial.com/support/docs/item/725-system-requirement.html

Well in fact many of the things referenced in that page are pertinent to most photo/video upload methods for websites.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by mindriot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12 by mcroadkill
Well i had the same issue. I couldn't upload pictures or files into posts.
I turned off the FTP in the global settings and voila, uploading pictures/files like a charm.

though the FTP settings are correct, i cannot seem to get it to upload. I always get the JFTP Bad response errors.

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by mindriot
I would recommend leaving ftp turned off if you possibly can with Joomla, it shouldnt be necessary on many setups and in my opinion its more problems than its worth.

More
10 years 6 months ago #14 by sozzled

mindriot wrote: I would recommend leaving ftp turned off if you possibly can with Joomla, it shouldnt be necessary on many setups and in my opinion its more problems than its worth.

I agree! For all, but 1 in 100 websites, this Joomla setting is a total waste of time and the primary source of all of Joomla's file upload problems ... including the ability to upgrade Joomla with new software!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds