Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question upload path not found

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by cbrace
upload path not found was created by cbrace
Hi,

On a Kunena forum on which I am an admin, file uploads are broken.

The path
Code:
/media/kunena/attachments
exists and it is writeable by the webserver, file uploads are enabled for reg.users in the config, but file uploads don't work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

PS Yes, I am aware this site is not running the latest Joomla and Kunena; the site admin has been advised an asked to act quickly.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : rover | author: Martijn de Jong | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 12 augustus 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.0 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by cbrace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: upload path not found
Thanks, Colin :)

Yeah, these questions about "I can't upload attachments" are difficult for us to answer. The biggest problem is that 99% of websites around the world (including this one) that are based on a solid Joomla footing don't have these kinds of problems. That's the biggest problem: helping to educate other people about best practice in web development.

Enough on this - you've heard it all before. I suggest that you read what I wrote a few moments ago in Cannot Upload FIle attachment, or image. Of course, everyone's situation is different but I have not yet encountered a situation that can't be solved (if you put enough hours into analysing what's going on).

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: upload path not found
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks as usual for your timely response.

I've tried the obvious things mentioned in that other thread without getting anywhere.

In this particular case, I think this particular problem (and similar ones like it) arose because the site was developed on one host, and then subsequently moved to its permanent location upon deployment. Somewhere along the line, a path got hard-coded. At least, that is my educated guess. ;)

Fortunately, it isn't my problem. But I thought I would have a go at solving it.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I searched the form for "upload path not found" and I didn't turn over any results. If that's actually an error message that the user is getting in this case (when attempting to upload an attachment) then I'm at a loss to understand why this is happening. As you say, the folder ../media/kunena/attachments exists and (I assume) meets the criteria recommended by Joomla as far as permissions are concerned. So, if these assumptions are correct, what else is there?

Well, the key piece of information missing from the first message was this:

I think this particular problem (and similar ones like it) arose because the site was developed on one host, and then subsequently moved to its permanent location upon deployment.

Now it has long been my deeply-held view that, if you are developing a website then you should conduct that development work on the environment where it will be used. That's not to say that you don't have a test site (for establishing proof-of-concept) independently of the live site and neither is it to say that you have to expose the live site to the world before it's ready either. There are ways of taking care of those things. The message that I've been trying to get across is that is it virtually pointless to build a site on your PC, say, using WAMP/XAMPP, or build it under IIS and then deploy the site on a differently hosted environment running different database server, webserver and/or PHP. This is the message that I have written many, many times and I would refer you to the more detailed examination of the issues in Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .

I suspect that one key difference between the two environments in this case - between development and deployment - is PHP. Different PHP configurations can affect Kunena.

This is what I suggest:

(1) Upgrade Joomla;
(2) Fix up the SEO settings (they're not the recommended values);
(3) Upgrade Kunena and the two add-ons that were installed, too; and
(4) Set Forum Configuration » Uploads » Images » Check MIME Types = No

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by hannes01
Replied by hannes01 on topic Re: upload path not found
Hi,

I have very similar issue - can't upload attachments. Its strange that I could do that a while ago, but not anymore. And I haven't changed anything during this time....

If user uploads attachment (image file) and submits the post, just an empty post appears - its not showing neither text or image. If attachment is not included then everything is OK.

I've tried the suggested methods, no luck.

/media/kunena/attachments exists (and I can see the uploaded files there) and permissions are OK. The path looks alright for me. Images sizes are OK as well.

I use Kunena 1.6.3 and haven't upgraded, because my template is designed for Kunena 1.6 only.

Any ideas? I really need help with this one, because my users upload attachments very often.

Thanks,
Hannes

Everything about fishing & tackle: forum, local and international shop

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
There is no support for K 1.6.3 and I'm sorry to hear that you're in your present situation. If anyone else in the community has information that might help someone who is using K 1.6.3 then I hope they read this topic and reply to you. There's nothing more I can suggest until you upgrade to a supported version of Kunena (in other words, K 1.7.1). K 1.6.3 has not been a supported version for nearly 7 months.

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: upload path not found
In best case your template has only changed images and css files. If that's true, you should be able to update the template by yourself pretty easily (just copy new versions of all php files from the default template).

I would test it in a test site. :)

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds