Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question [Merged topic] J! 1.6 + K 1.6 - How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #51 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

The solution is given in msg #26 of this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #52 by miogoogle
Hello I have a little problem with my Kunena Forum. When I click on a section or topic of the Forum module menu and header disappear - I have reviewed many times assigned the correct forms for the menus and everything is correct but can not figure out where the problem is, can you help me please?

If You look it Clik Here

Please help me :woohoo:
More
12 years 11 months ago #53 by sozzled
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #54 by ambaqasah
Hi all

I face the same problem. This was my site:

And here is my solution:

I play with .css file under this directory:
yourjoomlainstallation/components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.default-min.css

by adding the following code:
color:#FFF; padding:0px 6px 0px;

to the style: #Kunena #ktab a (NOT #Kunena #ktab a span OR #Kunena #ktab a:hover...)
and after the property: background-color:#737373;

Save the changes and the page now should be like this:

Enjoy :cheer:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ambaqasah. Reason: images doesn't appear
The following user(s) said Thank You: nur_afini, byggamore
More
12 years 11 months ago #55 by sozzled

ambaqasah wrote: I play with .css file under this directory:
../components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.default-min.css

Yes, that's one solution. We advise all users to not directly edit the file kunena.default-min.css because this is a minified CSS file: see Minified CSS in the Wiki.

This problem has also been fixed in K 1.6.4 which will shortly be available to the public.
More
12 years 11 months ago #56 by ambaqasah
Thanks sozzled

I hope we will see the new version shortly :)
More
12 years 11 months ago #57 by ambaqasah
I install the last Joomla update (1.6.3) with last Kunena update (1.6.4)
But the problem still exist ?
Any idea what is the problem OR do I miss any thing (I updated the forum using Joomla Extension Manager)
This is my website link:
www.saudiclubmelbourne.com/index.php?opt...nc=latest&Itemid=408

Thanks in advance
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58 by sozzled
The purpose of this topic was to help people whose Kunena menu had "disappeared" or been rendered poorly with the new J! 1.6 templates. There were a few problems with previous versions of Kunena and these problems have now been fixed.

K 1.6.4 operates a little differently to previous releases of K 1.6 in the sense that, for new installations, K 1.6.4 creates the menu but leaves it unpublished. All that you have to do is to publish the menu and it should be all right again. However, for some people - those who upgraded from a previous version - they will need to look at the solution given at around msg #26 of this topic.

This is an old topic now. The topic has been archived. Rather than perpetuate the myth that K 1.6 is still "in testing" this topic needs to be locked. The problem has been fixed in K 1.6.4 for new installations of Kunena on J! 1.6.3 and that is a fact. The menu is there; you just need to publish it.

ambaqasah wrote:

I install the last Joomla update (1.6.3) with last Kunena update (1.6.4)
But the problem still exist?

I looked at the website ( www.saudiclubmelbourne.com/index.php/en/forum/recent ) and the problem is not that the menu is missing - which is what the purpose of this topic was intended to be used for - but the menu has been rendered unreadable because of the unique and unusual Joomla site template that is used on the problem site. It is not appropriate to hijack this topic for what is, basically, a design issue involving the user's site template. In this particular case, it is more appropriate to start a new topic in the Templates and Design category. There are several possible solutions in this particular case but let's talk about them in their own topic. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds