Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Access Levels on K1.6.3 and J 1.6.1

More
12 years 10 months ago #11 by xillibit
Try with that :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #12 by Lantau
Hi Everyone,
The suggestion in post #5 didn't work for me but it gave me a good lead to a solution.The problem is an incorrect id in block of code for the admin access.If you look at the code below the public_access id is used for both the public and admin access selections.

<td valign="top">
<select id="pub_access" class="inputbox" size="4" name="pub_access">
<option value="1">Public</option>
<option value="9">- Association Members</option>
<option value="11">- - Committee</option>
<option value="10">- Co-op Members</option>
<option value="12">- - Board</option>
<option selected="selected" value="13">- Newsletter Editors</option>
<option value="8">- Super Users</option>
</select>
</td>
<td>
To create a non-public forum, you can specify the minimum user level that can view and enter the forum here. By default, the minimum user level is set to
<em>Everybody</em>
<br>
<br>
<strong>Note:</strong>
If you restrict the access of an entire category to one or more specific groups, you will hide all the forums it contains to anybody not having the proper privileges for the category even if one or more of these forums has a lower access level set. This also applies to moderators. You will need to add a moderator to the category moderator list if they do not have the right group level to see the category.
<br>
Categories cannot be moderated, but moderators can still be added to the moderator list.
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="nowrap" valign="top">Include Child Groups:</td>
<td valign="top">
<select id="pub_recurse" class="inputbox" size="1" name="pub_recurse">
<option value="0">No</option>
<option selected="selected" value="1">Yes</option>
</select>
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">Admin Access Level:</td>
<td valign="top">
<select id="pub_access" class="inputbox" size="4" name="pub_access">
<option value="1">Public</option>
<option value="9">- Association Members</option>
<option value="11">- - Committee</option>
<option value="10">- Co-op Members</option>
<option value="12">- - Board</option>
<option value="13">- Newsletter Editors</option>
<option selected="selected" value="8">- Super Users</option>
</select>
</td>
<td valign="top">

I used your idea of firefox / firebug to identify the offending code under the "Admin Access Level:" block, the line is: <select id="pub_access" class="inputbox" size="4" name="pub_access">, I then edited the id and name fields to "admin_access", it seemed to work for me.

CAUTION: Make sure your edit the Admin Access Level block, not the real Public Access Level.

I hope this works for someone else.

P.S. I'm new to forums and apologize for not knowing how to display the code correctly.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Lantau.
More
12 years 9 months ago #13 by sozzled
K 1.6.3 is not supported. J! 1.6.1 is defective. Please upgrade both. Topic closed.
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds